Chapter 26 : Lennon Sees Red

Meanwhile, in the corridor by the security office, there was a small meeting regarding Lennon's appointment to join them. Some members of the Spanish and French team filed into the security office.

"He spoke to Madam Dolores, and now is about to enter our security team!" Kenzo said as he slammed his fist on the table.

Marcel was half sitting on a table behind him as he puffed on his vape, hearing what everyone was saying they had heard.

"Has the Madam gone senile? Or maybe she does this in the flawed hope that she can have a go fucking him. If so, I have no doubt it is because she can't have who she truly desires." Alexandre said.

Juan held out a few sheets of paper, "Madam Dolores says these are Lennon's details and the positions he will hold. What do you think, boss?"

Marcel shifted off the table and picked up one of the pieces of paper and stared at it a moment in total disdain before he looked up, "What do I think..?!" He asked before he tore the paper in half a few times before he spoke with a slightly musical tone, "I think this is a fucking farce. I think that Chéri is out of control. I think that Dolores Is deluded, and I think that Lennon is a very manipulative man, and he seems to command the charisma of a cult leader. I no longer know whom is in control of whom."

Javier chimed in, "I don't think that's true. Chéri is certainly in control of Lennon and has been grooming him from the start, possibly subliminally with pseudo Monarch mind control techniques. He knows that to control and mould someone, you have to break someone first."

Marcel shook his head as he massaged his temple," Chéri knows nothing about MKultra as he is practically a victim of it himself! However, he has groomed Lennon in a very rudimentary way. What troubles me is why he turned down half a million. Chéri must have spoke him that which he stands to gain."

Diego spoke up, "I'm certain that Chéri would have absorbed brainwashing techniques as a child in the hands of Marzak's cult, which his mother was too stupid to stop him falling into the clutches of."

Kenzo leant in on the table, "Who the fuck cares about brainwashing?! That American asshole turned down half a million dollars. He seems simple and weak-minded to me so maybe he did it for a misguided love."

"No, I looked into his background. He has a degree in the science of chemistry and is a qualified teacher. Why would he settle for pennies when he can have it all?! He is planning to slowly seize control of the Bordello from the bedroom, can't you see that?!" Marcel ranted in his strong French accent.

"Chéri is fickle, he may just tire of him - problem solved." Alexandre said.

"No, he won't. Unfortunately, the American is the exact combination of traits that may be a problem. He has already schmoozed Madam Dolores." Juan said.

Javier asked "Why was he driving for a living? Maybe he is fleeing something?"

Marcel nodded, "I'm having an in-depth check on him. If he has any skeletons in the closet, I will know."

"So what's Chéri trying to do with him? " Kenzo asked.

Marcel turned to Kenzo, "I think he first wanted to break him mentally, rendering him vulnerable and open to suggestion - that process started in England. He perhaps wanted him for personal amusement, but has obviously changed his mind and is grooming him into an enforcer. Chéri is heir-apparent to the Bordello and likely wants revenge on anyone who's crossed him... or knows his secrets. Chéri ran away from here and probably searched up and down to find the biggest man he could with just the right temperament and set of attributes. This actually places Lennon within a lethal game that he will not understand."