Chapter 52 : Client Event

Late that night In their apartment room, Lennon pulled out his new, large Louis Vuitton flight case from under the bed to reach his old American flag case, and he started to pack his clothes into it for the trip back to America. He was careful to pack some of his old clothes for the trip to his parents home.

Lennon's phone went off. It was a text message asking him if he was alone in their room. No sooner had he text back the answer, there was a knock on the door.

He opened it to see Suzanne swaying there in her pretty, high-waisted hippie dress.

He smiled and she walked in. Lennon shut the door and turned to her. "My Queen."

"My king." she said as she walked in and they embraced in a friendly fashion.

They silently stood in their motionless embrace for several moments.

"Where's Chéri?" Suzanne asked.

"Seeing Doctor V, he had pains in his side last night and insisted on seeing him before we left. Then he's coming to pack with me."

"Oh, Is he going to have another op?" Suzanne asked.

"What do you mean?" Lennon asked concerned.

"Every time Chéri gets pains in his side, he tends to have an op."

"Why is that?" Lennon asked.

"I don't know." Suzanne answered.

"I didn't know that, I'll have to ask him." Lennon said as he stared at her a moment, then turned back to the bed to fold his clothes.

"Wonda, I have something for you. It's the reason I came here." Suzanne said.

"Ohh?"

Suzanne held up a deep red ribbon. "Give me your wrist."

Lennon turned and smiled, then held up his right wrist as she carefully placed the red ribbon around it.

"You're travelling very far and I want you to be safe. In our - my culture, a red slipknot will protect you from ill spells and the evil eye. Just as you protected me here, I pray this will protect you on your journey, until you come back to us." She said as she tied it carefully and looped it back on itself, tucking it in here and there, until she made a beautiful ribbon bracelet.

"Thank you, Suzanne. I need all the protection I can get. I'll look at this and think of you, and you'll look at this and think of me." Lennon said as he pulled his Pride band off, and placed it on her wrist.

"You will come back, won't you?"

Lennon put his hands on her shoulders as he looked down on her, his light crystal blue eyes seemingly looking right through her eyes, and into the darkest recess of her mind. "Of course I will. This is my home now. I'll return to you, and Adeline, and Momma Dolores and Javier, to all of you."

"How long are you going for?"

"Two weeks darlin'." Lennon said.

She pulled her eyes away from him and looked down, as the tears started to roll down her cheeks. He cupped her face and wiped away her tears with his thumbs.

"I'm coming back with a visa darlin. I have to leave." Lennon said.

She nodded as she stared down at the floor. When she finally looked up at him, her eyes were all red and wet.

They hugged each other tightly again.

Lennon whispered to her. "Then, we're going to go get your baby."