Chapter 105 : Chéri Will Turn On You Like The Viper He Is

Kenzo walked up and tapped Javier hard on the shoulder. "Hey, hero. Remember to be at the fucking registrar Wednesday morning with your lucky bride to be. Look fuckin' happy! Dress decent and stop looking so fuckin' nervous."

"Is this still happening? Suzanne's been evicted by Marcel?" Javier asked.

"It better fuckin' be happening 'cause I'm owed money and so are you. You must know where she's gone to." Kenzo said.

"I'm sure I can find out. Because if this doesn't go down then I don't get paid either." Javier said.

"That ain't my problem. But it will be Lennon's fuckin' problem because he's bankrolling this, apparently. I want paid for the work I've done setting this up. If missy doesn't pay up, then Lennon fuckin' better." Kenzo ranted.

Javier folded his arms. "Or what?! Spare the big talk. If Lennon told you to go fuck yourself, what could you possibly do about it? He's backed by Chéri!"

Kenzo just stared back at Javier. His eyes were so thin that it was virtually impossible to read him. "People don't wrong me and get away with it, pretty boy. I don't care who backs you."

Spangna was sitting looking through her personal phone. She saw friends and family posting daily aspects of their lives back in England. She even saw that her mother had painted the fence of the council house that she had lived in for years and refused to leave, so Spangna bought it for her, off the council for only one hundred and sixty thousand pounds.

She heard the security lock go on her door and turned around to see Marcel walk in, smile at her and take off his top hat.

Spangna put her phone down on the glass coffee table next to her work phone then sprang up and walked over to him, throwing her arms around his neck.

"I love you, Mercy." He said as he caressed her back a moment and then made a motion to move away, but she held onto him tightly, "Are you alright?" He asked, but Spangna just shook her head, which was buried in his chest.

"Here, sit." He said softly. "What is the matter..?" He asks as he slowly sat down on the sofa beside her, sweeping his long black coat out from under him.

"Maybe, everything's going to shit. I know what you've had to deal without there and how everyone hates you. I heard about the things written in the communal toilets of the main asset compound and..."

"How?" He asked.

"The rumours finally reached me in the straight assets team." Spangna said.

Marcel brushed some braids away from her face and behind her ears. "Who told you, mon amour?"

"I...can't say."

Marcel tilted his head and looked puzzled. "I don't understand. Why can you not say?"

"Because!" She said before she put her face in her hands a moment, "Marce, you have to listen to me! You have too many wars on too many fronts now! You need allies, we need friends!"

"Is someone putting pressure on you to highlight these issues?" Marcel asked as he held her close and stroked her hair.

"No, I just... I can just see where this is all going and it's not good."

"Has Suzanne spoken to you?" Marcel asked.

"No. But, I work amongst these people and...things are out of hand right now. Maybe when Lennon and Chéri get back, things will calm down!" She said.

Marcel stroked her hair. "Non mon petit. It will get far worse. Now was the only time to get rid of that vicious woman Suzanne, and cripple Lennon's duo team to smash his growing personality cult."