Chapter 183 : Queen Takes King

An hour later, the cleanup and reorganisation was still underway. Security were also sweeping the Bordello for any sign of Marcel's remains, and CCTV footage was being reviewed in an attempt to track his movements before the red offline.

Plans were also made to interview Mercy as soon as possible, in such a way, that it did not seem like the interrogation it was.

Meteo turned to Ignacio, "I can't believe the Greek just gave up and left without a fight after all that big talk. He kept threatening the gate guards every time he showed back up again."

Ignacio nodded, "Yeah, unless he's planning to come back and kick our asses."

"Yeah, maybe. Hey, how come you, and not Hav, are interviewing Spangna tomorrow?" Mateo asked.

"Kenzo doesn't trust Javier. He thinks Javier withholds crucial information, and wants to know everyone's personal business and not share it. He thinks he's a double agent for the militant among the French team. After all, he is half-French anyway." Ignacio said.

"Hav ain't an agent for anything!" Mateo said, "But, I've learnt that if he doesn't tell you something, it's usually for your own good."

Dr V sat down beside Dolores who was sat, staring into the fire, spaced out, "Your baby is in good hands and I have no doubt he will make a full recovery, but he will have a large scar. He will also have cosmetic damage to some of those flower tattoos he has on that side."

"This is all so pointless. How am I going to explain to Chéri about Lennon." Dolores said.

"I would suggest not doing so at first. We can keep him occupied until we know more. Then, if the worst happens, you will need to find a replacement. Another potential full-time carer and life partner for Chéri." Dr V said.

"Replacement? He's not a car. There won't be one. We'll not find what we found in Lennon." Dolores said with a sigh.

"True, Lennon was always a decent person and social justice warrior. He acclimatised perfectly here, even against his personal beliefs. He became a great and inclusive leader, as well as a natural gynandromorphophilic man." Dr V said.

Dolores looked completely perplexed, "A... what?!"

"A man naturally attracted to gynandromorphs - people who may present with a mixture of opposing genders, either naturally or artificially. People with a penis and breasts. Unfortunately, he was probably the last legitimate candidate for a life-long mate for Chéri. Finding another, without any ulterior motive would prove... difficult. And, Chéri somehow found him by accident - through hitchhiking." Dr V said.

Dolores hung her head, "There can never be another. He was perfect, and he loved my baby with a passion that I will never see again. If only... I could turn the clock back, and stop the catalogue of catastrophic events that caused today. Then maybe, everyone would still be here."

"Everyone..? Even Marcel?" Dr V asked.

Dolores looked away back to the fire.

Dr V placed his hand on her arm in a comforting manner, "I know you always loved him, and that love was never returned."

Dolores looked down at her hands, "Yes, I loved him. But, he was too young for me, and he loved Mercy.. who was too young for him. But, she is young, beautiful and fertile, and I..."

Dr V cut in, "You have had nine children! And in your youth, were far more beautiful than the alternative brand of beauty Mercy holds now."

"Yes, but she succeeded where I failed! She made him fall in love with her. How? I do not know, other than what I saw." Dolores said.