Chapter 44 : The Death Of Marzak

"Mom! Why have you revoked my access to the infirmary?!" Chéri shouted.

"Because Lennon needs to recover. He is not to have any stress or excitement." Dolores said.

"Mom! He'd want to see me! I know for a fact that Serena and that Suzanne woman have been sneaking to see him!" Chéri said.

Madam Dolores looked down and sighed. "Well, that's just the thing. He asked not to see you."

Chéri looked stunned and hurt as he sat like a dead weight onto the antique chaise longue. "Why?"

"Are you blind my dear baby? I think he's hurt. When he attacked Marcel, I saw a man enraged. You didn't tell him about what you did to Marcel, did you?"

"I was going to, but I knew it would only serve to cause trouble. I never imagined they'd meet."

"Have you had a chat with him about the most serious issue?" Dolores asked.

Chéri looked down.

"That man wants to marry you and you can't even be honest with him. You allow Marcel to know things that Lennon doesn't?!" She said.

"I'll tell him everything! It's just... Finding the right time, and when the right time comes, I don't want to make him furious! Momma, he's developed a nasty temper!" Chéri said.

"I'm not surprised! The way you toy with him!" She said sternly while pointing at Chéri. "Why did you choose Marcel as your lead in the play?!"

"Because he's the best dancer, and he helped choreograph it. He has a fluidity of movement and even I'm shocked he can dance so well over forty. His favourite dance is the waltz, and no-one can do it like he can. Only he can match me on stage with any style of dance." Chéri said.

"Don't be ridiculous! I thought the piece was beautiful, but doing that, even without Lennon knowing, was insensitive. Serena complained to me about it." Dolores said.

"Ohh! I don't even listen to her! And I think she's only white-knighting for him to impress him because she wants to fuck him. Ha! Good luck with that!" Chéri said.

"Don't talk about your sister like that!" She warned, silencing Chéri, "I know I have a problem here, my darling. I spoke to Marcel earlier, before you tried to have him attacked too."

"He deserved it, mom!"

"You are not to act out without my knowledge! Especially concerning Marcel, whom I need!" Dolores said.

"Oh?! For what?! Or shouldn't I ask! All he does is drink, smoke and fuck while working as little as possible! And, if you want to ride his cock it's never going to happen, mom." Chéri said.

"Don't be crude! He does a lot and he is indispensable! He's served me well for many years. He is an amazing man! He rescued you from that whole cult affair and he murdered the ringleader of the cult... for you. He keeps us safe from rival factions and their occasional raids and attacks and he's the first on the scene to protect the girls when there's trouble. Well, at least until Lennon arrived. Yes, Marcel is harsh and arbitrary, but he gets the job done. I want him here, but I must work out a solution to his feud with Lennon over you." Dolores said.

"I think he can go fuck himself!" Chéri said.

"Good thing these decisions are not up to you, my dearest. I love you Chéri, and I want what's best for you." Dolores said.

"I love you too mom, but I want to see Lennon. Please let me see him." Chéri said as he hugged his mother.

"Not today. I'll ask him tomorrow if he'll see you."