Chapter 18 : Enter, Madame Dolores Lafontaine-Martinez, & Little Adeline

Chéri burst into the busy main room and excitedly sprinted up to one of the four chairs where people were sat talking over a game of chess.

Lennon was grabbed as soon as he entered the event room and frisked quickly. Lennon looked confused as he was shoved about by two men during the rough pat-down, but he shoved one man away after he ran his hand up the inside of Lennon's inner thigh.

"Hey! What the hell is wrong with you!?" Lennon protested after he shoved the man to the floor.

"Mum!" Chéri chirped happily as he bent over to kiss her cheek before he sat on the armrest of her chair.

"Chéri!" she said as she opened her arms to embrace him until she noticed the scuffle at the door.

"¡No! Déjalo en paz!" she said loudly, to her staff who were manhandling Lennon.

Lennon tried to readjust his shirt quickly after shoving the security men off him as Chéri's mom called him up.

"And you, beautiful young man, must be Lennon?" she beamed in a high class accented voice."

"Yes, I am." Lennon finally nervously answered as he kept trying to brush his hair back but the longer parts kept falling in his face and the top kept sticking up, "But, I'm afraid I'm... ill-prepared. Mrs Lafontaine-Martinez, I didn't know I was meeting you so soon else I would have dressed for the occasion, at least wear a shirt..." Lennon said as he continued to ramble out of stunned embarrassment until Chéri's mother interrupted him.

"Call me Dolores! I appreciate your respect and I am sure that my staff dragged you in before you were ready. Maybe you can join us for dinner when you are refreshed?"

"I would love to! And I'll make sure I am presentable." Lennon said.

Lennon could see Chéri's face in hers. She was an older woman but slim and still strangely beautiful, and very elegant.

She had an old-world grace balanced with an all too modern sense of style and ability. She also had a razor-sharp wit and could think so quickly on her feet that surprised Lennon. He also saw she had a massive iPhone that she often had to attend when it had a notification.

She had sharp and elegant Latin features, short platinum blonde hair that was styled into curls. He could see Chéri's green eyes in her, and that her skin tone was much darker than his so Lennon felt he must have got his lighter golden skin tone from his father.

Lennon came to realise that this whole family had a look and features that he loved and found very attractive. Yet, Chéri was the most beautiful of them all. Lennon loved that Chéri was uniquely feminine and didn't have any of the strong male traits that were often seen in other feminine men. He was so beautiful and willowy thin that he was often mistaken for a woman, and he was the most beautiful thing in the whole world to Lennon.

Chéri piped up as he sat balanced on the armrest of her chair, swinging his legs, "Ain't he gorgeous, mum?"

"Yes, very beautiful, but," She paused, and shrugged in a typically Latin way, "He is a gay, so no good for me."

This comment made everyone laugh including Lennon, who looked away and broke into an awkward smile.

Dolores got up and walked over to Lennon, "Let me have a good look at you." Dolores said as she stood on her tiptoes to place both her hands either side of Lennon's head, turning it this way and that. "Yes! High cheekbones, sleepy yet lovely crystal blue eyes!"

Lennon felt awkward during the examination but he was in a strange land and culture, so decided to just go with it.

Dolores continued, "You are tall like a giant and built like a Greek god. I wish he worked here!" she said as she turned back to face everyone in the room, making them all erupt into laughter.