Chapter 76 : Enter, Logan - Lennon Dude, You Look Like Day 3 Of A Meth Marathon

After the long flight, Chéri was excited as they prepared to land. He looked out at Nashville below and was cautiously optimistic about the trip.

After they landed, Chéri looked all around and compared it to his home airport, Heathrow.

They reclaimed their baggage and headed for the exit.

"Wow, I thought this would be bigger than Heathrow! I know that Charles De Gaulle is massive." Chéri said.

"I don't think Nashville international is." Lennon said as he pulled his, and Chéri's bags off the carousel. "I've never felt... so sad to be here. Imma thinkin', about the last time I was here, excited to drive about the U.K."

Chéri made sure his hair was tied back and his baseball cap was on. "Cheer up Lenny. We'll make this work. Just like you made it work in Spain."

Lennon wiped his eyes. "I can't, I can't face this. I feel lightheaded." Lennon said as he sat down quickly.

"Lenny, are you okay?!" Chéri said as he rushed to Lennon's side, "Honey, your hearts racing. Have you taken your medication?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be okay in a moment. I think it's anxiety."

"Let me get you some water!" Chéri said before he dashed off to the water machine.

When Chéri returned, he passed the cup to Lennon. "Please, calm down. You're under too much stress."

Lennon sipped the water, and Chéri could see his hand shaking as he did it.

"Please, Lenny, we're not leaving here until you're okay."

"Chéri, please listen." Lennon paused as he caught his breath. "If we get a bad response from my parents, you won't... hold it against me, will you?"

"Of course not! Lenny, I love you! I love you." Chéri said as he rubbed Lennon's back.

"Darlin', my great uncle Rick is a real asshole. It's not so great that he's insisted on pickin' us up. I wish it were my pop." Lennon said.

"Who is this guy then?" Chéri asked.

"An adopted relative of my momma's. Everyone calls him great uncle. He's a nightmare, really." Lennon said.

"Lenny, you don't think I've had to deal with tough people? I have to put up with bloody Marcel kicking off every five minutes!" Chéri said.

"Well, at least my great uncle can be reasoned with. Marcel can't, and he'd probably just kill you." Lennon said.

"Yeah so, what's the worst that can possibly happen?" Chéri said.

"Well, darlin'. I just don't want to see you mistreated or offended. When at home, you're treated like royalty, as you should be." Lennon said.

"I can live the simple life for two weeks!" Chéri said.

Lennon stood up and readjusted his hair under his cap. "Okay, let's do it. Let's head to arrivals."

"Wait!" Chéri said, "Come here!"

Lennon turned to Chéri, who wrapped his arms around Lennon's neck and kissed him passionately. "Now, let's go." Chéri said as he saw Lennon smile.

They walked through baggage reclaim and into arrivals. Lennon was scanning the large crowd until he saw his great uncle Rick, who was standing with his arms folded and he had a scowl etched permanently on his face.

Rick said something that was so sing-songy to Chéri, that he didn't understand it. Chéri then noticed Rick look him up and down, not at all approvingly, and it put his guard up immediately.