Chapter 34 : They Thought I Was A Total Psycho With An AWOL Rent Boy!

After a few minutes, Chéri looked back up, "It's over, isn't it? You're not comforting me or saying anything at all, so I guess this is it."

"Is there anything else you want to tell me?" Lennon asked.

"Yes..."

Lennon looked back up to Chéri.

"Your truck was broken into by a rogue member of the Bordello assigned to spy on me by my mother." Chéri confessed.

Lennon interrupted, "What?!"

"Yes. A man called Kenzo was there In the cafe in England, as a warning to me. He even shoved you on the way out. When I saw him, I just knew."

"Wait! Who the fucks Kenzo?!" Lennon asked.

"A Triad from Hong Kong, you've never met him but he does lots of dirty deeds. He's unbalanced, has tattoos all down his face, and is completely under the thumb of...-"

Lennon cut in again, "Triads!? And, why the fuck did he follow you to the U.K?!"

"That's why I wanted to leave so quickly. My abusive ex may still be around, and then I saw that Kenzo was spying on me in broad daylight. Then you got mad at me when we left. I fled the Bordello because...-"

Lennon looked sternly at Chéri and sighed with frustration and irritation because he didn't answer the question, "Listen Chéri. I knew you'd left the motel with someone! I went downstairs and grilled the receptionist, who thought I was a total psycho with an AWOL rent boy! Then, my company's truck is vandalised, a fucking threatening note in the cab thanks to your little friend. Then, I found your hunting trophies in your bag so yeah, you've played me for an absolute mug."

Chéri wept and dabbed at his eyes, "You found a threatening note?!" he said startled, "Lenny, you don't know the full story, I'm trying to explain myself but you're putting a finer point on it and making out I don't love you."

"I just didn't think you were capable of that. You told me that you found me attractive. I kept telling you I had feelings for you, then you talk me into sleeping with you just so you can tick that off your bucket list, and move on?" Lennon asked.

Chéri pushed his chair back and stood up.

"Sit!" Lennon said sternly, in a voice Chéri was not used to hearing.

"No! Cause you're In a foul fucking mood, Lennon!" Chéri snapped back.

"Don't call me that! And sit!" Lennon ordered abruptly before he slammed his fist on the table and pointed to the chair.

"Why?!" Chéri said.

"Sit down and I'll tell you." Lennon answered.

"No! Tell me now!" Chéri demanded.

"Because this conversation ain't over and I ain't excused you. Sit, down, Chéri." Lennon said, in such a stern tone that Chéri felt compelled to do as he said.

Chéri sat back down, then snatched Lennon's glass and flicked the contents onto the decking floor quickly, "That's enough drinking for you. You need to drive anyway. I can tell you've had too much because you're becoming jealous and dictatorial. God, I know you so well."

"I'm not dictatorial! But, I'm insane with jealousy over you!" Lennon confessed before he slammed his hand down on the table again, startling Chéri, "Chéri! That's the truth! Everyone wants to take you off me because they're all jealous of what I have. You're pretty and talented and mine. I love you, it's all you. EVERYTHING is you." Lennon stressed.

"Nobody wants me but you, believe me." Chéri said, dismissively.

"That ain't true. Who do you think you're talking to?! Anyway, back to what you said, Chéri, you told me that you were falling in love with me in the cafe, is that true?" Lennon asked.