Chapter 145 : Madam Dolores - Queen Of Vice And A Very Determined Woman

There was a knock at Dolores' lounge-office.

It was a traditional office study, with a large wooden desk sitting in front of a massive window which looked out over the gardens and grounds.

"Entrez!" Dolores called out in French, as she knew who she had summoned.

Marcel walked in, "You called. Madame, Dolores?"

Marcel walked into the room, a huge presence, clad from the neck down in black plastic with the exception of his elaborate high necked white shirt. His steampunk goggles around his neck, as he pulled out his small square framed silver glasses, anticipating to read some legal document.

She looked back at him a moment, "And since when have you ever referred to me as madame in private?"

"I am just keeping the boundaries professional." Marcel said as he sat down slowly, elegantly sweeping his longcoat out from behind him as he sat.

There was a moment of silence, punctuated by the ticking sound of the large antique clock on the wall.

"Aahh! your French accent is such a pleasure to hear." Madam Dolores mused.

"I am hear to listen, not talk. What have you asked me here for?" Marcel asked.

Dolores looked to her side in a playful way for a moment, "It is...so cold this time of year, is it not?"

Marcel just stared back at her, as Dolores slowly got off her seat and walked to the large window, "Rain...cold..day after day, this time of year." She lamented.

"No different to Paris, in november." Marcel answered.

"I was wondering. Maybe I should take a break, and take a vacation in a warmer climate.." She said before turning back to face him, her eyes fixed on the titanium spike piercing under his lower lip, "Wouldn't you like a vacation somewhere hot?"

Marcel casually took his top hat off and turned it around in his hands, inspecting it, "I have not plans for a vacation now."

"Would you consider an impromptu holiday? As my personal security?" Dolores asked, as she played with the thick pearls of her necklace.

Marcel stopped turning his hat in his hands, but did not look up at her, "Would we have...separate itineraries?"

"What do you mean?" Dolores asked.

"Seperate plans, seperate ways, seperate rooms...seperate beds..." Marcel asked, not looking up. His gaze still cast downwards, upon his flocked tophat, with its bronze gears.

"I see.." Dolores responded, before raising her eyebrows and playfully looking to her side, "Marcel, this place is all about negotiation. Maybe you would prefer to practice your negotiation skills a little?"

Marcel was visibly uncomfortable as he cleared his throat, "I wish, to bargain for nothing. I am..." he paused as he looked down, turning his hat in his hand, "a paid member of your staff."

Dolores rolled her eyes, "Handsomely paid member! And! Just what is the difference between one paid service and another? Espacially here!"

After a moment of silence, Dolores threw her arms up in the air, "For such a well spoken man, your wit has abandoned you, it seems!" She said as she took out an elegant silver lighter from her purse, and lit her cigarette. She drew in a deep breath before exhaling, "Its only sex." She added casually.

Marcel visibly swallowed shallowly a few times, as he tried to hide the fact that he had vomited up into his mouth slightly, and had swallowed it back down.