Chapter 73 : And Lennon Looked Back At Javier....And Didn't Want To Leave

Javier walked up to Chéri, "Monsieur Chéri, are you ready?"

"Yes, Lenny's just coming." Chéri said as Lennon walked over, wearing a cap with his old heavy parka, flannel shirt and combats, pulling his old case behind him.

Chéri looked Lennon up and down and had a weird mental flashback as he recognised the image of the man he met at the very start, a very different man, when he wore a baseball cap and hid his new haircut.

"Hey, Cher." Lennon said as he walked up and kissed Chéri.

"Okay, let's go." Javier said.

Chéri walked ahead pulling his Union Jack case.

Javier opened the door for Chéri and Lennon and then got in.

"I bet you're looking forward to going home, Lennon." Javier said as he saw Chéri slowly shaking his head In the rearview mirror.

"I wish I wasn't going. America, and the ridiculous lifestyle there, is nothing I want to be part of. Tennessee is not my home anymore." Lennon paused as he looked back at the Bordello. "I miss it already. In fact, I wish you were going just to remind me of the Bordello."

"Aww Lennon, I'd love to go! I think a holiday with you two would be great fun!" Javier said.

"I wish I was staying." Lennon said, obviously feeling down.

"He's really sad about this." Chéri said.

"What about you?" Javier asked Chéri.

"I'm nervous and excited." Chéri answered.

Lennon looked behind them at the Bordello disappearing into the background.

"So Lenn. What are your plans as soon as you get home?" Javier asked.

"It's not my home." Lennon retorted.

"You know what I mean! What will you do when you land in Nashville?" Javier asked.

"Well, my uncle or brother is picking us up from the airport. Then back to my parents home. Where we'll be for two weeks. We'll have a hotel in town as a private crash pad, and I plan to spend some days doing business like emptying out my apartment, lose tons of stuff, cancel my lease, sell my car, redirect all my mail... stuff like that. Then I want to take Chéri around the local sights. Show him some fun stuff and enjoy the nightlife everywhere! All the fun stuff I never did because I didn't have a lover to do them with. " Lennon said as Chéri smiled at him.

"Sounds amazing! What car do you have over there?" Javier asked.

"A Toyota Tacoma. It's like a small pickup." Lennon answered.

"Ohh, I see! You know, I'm gonna miss you two." Javier said.

"Thanks, Hav. I'll miss you too." Lennon replied, "Oh yeah, and I want to know the moment ratatouille tries anything or pulls any stunts!" Lennon said.

"Oh, Mmm... He's my boss, Lennon." Javier said.

"So am I." Lennon replied.

Javier felt under stress from the pull of his two masters, who were diametrically opposed. "Chéri, you outrank Lennon and Marcel. If they gave me two opposing orders, who should I follow?"

"Me." Chéri answered, somewhat mysteriously.

"Bullshit. You listen to me, got it?!" Lennon said after turning to Javier.

Javier decided to stay silent as he noticed Chéri staring at Lennon and didn't want to be in the middle of one of their volatile domestics.

After a short while, Javier parked at the airport again and got out to open the door for Chéri.