Chapter 98 : Lennon Fulfills The Prophecy Of Red Wine And Pizza

That evening Logan and Nathan were packing the car for their father for the two day trip at the shooting club.

Lennon walked in with Chéri and Monique reached out and put her arms around him. "So, you are Chéri!"

"Well, I'm not, just now." Chéri answered surprised.

"You can drop the weird voice, Cher. She knows, she's the only one who does." Lennon cut in, "Anyway, get to know each other! I'll say bye to Paa and pop out to get something for us to eat.

"Wow, really she knows?" Chéri said in his natural and higher, velvet-soft voice, which shocked Monique.

"Chéri, I want you to know you're welcome here. I am just happy to see my son finally happy." Monique said.

"I'm soo glad you approve. I felt sick when I arrived and got to know you, to think that you may hate me. I've never been so desperate to be liked." Chéri said.

Nathan ran back into the house to grab his camera and guitar, making all three of them stop talking. "Hey! Martyn! Are you coming to church with us on Sunday? And picking a Christmas tree on Monday?"

"I sure am! And once again, thank you so much for today. Taking me around, showing all the places and for the delicious lunch." Chéri said.

"Please! I'm just glad to extend some good 'ol Tennessee hospitality to ya. I'd also like to see some of your art and productions." Nathan said.

"I can't wait to show you!" Chéri exclaimed.

Merrick wrapped his arms around Monique's slim waist. "I'm sorry we gotta leave so early and before supper."

"It's okay. Lennon's gone out to get us something. I'm going to miss you, my love." She replied.

"I miss you already, darlin'. I put an extra quilt on the bed because I won't be there to warm you up." Merrick said.

"Don't remind me. Hurry home soon." She said as she refused to let go of Merrick.

"Bye, momma! See you the day after tomorrow!" Logan said as he got in line for a hug, followed quickly by Nathan.

That Friday night, Chéri and Monique finally really got to know each other. Chatting enthusiastically about anything and everything.

There was a loud knock on the large door. "Lenny's back!" Chéri said as he jumped up and ran to the door.

Chéri opened the door to see Lennon standing on the doorstep with three large pizzas and two bottles of red wine. Chéri could feel himself welling up. "It's Friday night, and you bought me wine and pizza...just like I saw that man buy, years ago."

"Yeah, we're eating in! I got this for the love of my life." Lennon answered.

"Ohh, Lenny!" Chéri said before bursting into tears.

"Oh no, Cher..." Lennon said as he quickly put the pizzas on a table and stepped into the house. He shut the door behind him and wrapped his arms around Chéri.

Monique walked up to them. "Ohh no! What has happened?!"

Lennon smiled at his mother. "I'll tell you in a bit. Chéri's feeling a little delicate." Lennon said as he hugged him.

Monique rubbed Chéri's back and Lennon extended his arms to pull his mother into the hug.

"I love you both." Chéri said as he sniffed.

"I love you too Martyn. I mean, Chéri." Monique said. "I better get plates for this little feast!"

"I got loads of garlic bread and sides of wedges! " Lennon shouted to his mother in the other room.