Chapter 30 : Home Is Where The Heart Is

A while later, Chéri and Lennon walked back into the den, re-joining everyone.

Dolores looked at them both. Chéri's hair was messy and he wasn't wearing lipstick, and Lennon was red-eyed and looked tired. "We all thought you'd both retired for the evening!" She said.

"Let's play more games!" Gabriél announced.

Dolores looked at Gabriél and cut in, "It's a bit late for that. Don't you and Monica want to go upstairs and work on some grandchildren for me?"

"Well, we can practice." Gabriél said with a wry smile, as Monica gave him a wink.

"I'll be giving you grandchildren before he does, mum," Serena said.

"No! Actually I'll be giving you grandchildren before any of them do!" Chéri said sarcastically, causing a roar of laughter in the room.

Gabriél, ever quick-witted, reversed the joke. "That would be nice! I'd love to see you pregnant, Chéri!"

"Haa-haa." Chéri replied in monotone, unimpressed with Gabriél's wit.

"Don't you want children, Lenn?" Serena asked.

Lennon looked down and smiled, "Well, it's never going to happen for me, is it."

"Sure it could, for you at least. Get a surrogate or put Chéri on hormones." Gabriél said with a laugh as Chéri elbowed him.

Chéri took Gabriél's drink, "You've drunk enough!"

"Hormones are expensive, and what's the point? You're supposed to mix genes with the person you love, and that doesn't happen for men like me. It's a bit selfish to have a baby with a stranger in a bid to genetically save myself." Lennon said.

"Unless you knock up one of my sisters, then our families would mix." Chéri said with a laugh.

Lennon's eyes widened, "Err, No! That would be a disaster, and I would just be having a baby with one of your sisters. That kind of thing causes problems in families. Anyway, I'm not that great to save, it's more important to me that Chéri has a baby for us to love, or we could just adopt an unwanted baby."

"Aww.." Serena said.

"Well, I don't think that'll happen at all! Anyway, I don't think Chéri can have children at all." Gabriél said matter of factly.

Madam Dolores elbowed Gabriél, then placed an arm around Monica, and Lennon, "It pleases me to see most of my children with partners. The one I was most worried about was my baby, Chéri."

"Why?" Gabriél asked.

"Because the gay dating scene can be very seedy and promiscuous. Positively dangerous in some areas." Dolores answered.

"Wow really?! Monica asked.

"She's absolutely right. It can be. It can also be very bitchy, ageist and discriminatory. For a group that faces so much discrimination from the outside, I always found it weird that we do it to each other, inside." Lennon answered.

"Don't get me started on how the gay community treats us bisexuals, even though I'm far gayer then bi." Chéri added.

Lennon smiled at Chéri, "What?! So you don't just want it all, and will 'change your mind' halfway through a relationship..?"

Chéri poked his tongue out at Lennon. "See the crap you gays spew?" Chéri added with a smile before he put his arm around Lennon.

"Glad I don't have these problems." Gabriél said.

"Well, at least you're not constantly asked if you're 'the girl'. I got enough fuckin' problems without that shit." Chéri said, rolling his eyes.