Chapter 10 : Lets See Your Ink

Lennon looked down at his phone at the pictures of himself kissing Chéri, then flicked over pictures which were set to public Chéri's social media profile. He reflected how beautiful Chéri is and how lucky he felt that Chéri wanted to spend the night with him. He had never met anyone who lived so authentically, and who covered themselves in explosions of bright pastel cherry blossoms tattoos.

What Chéri and Lennon had in common was that they both used their bodies as a canvas. Chéri used his body to physically display a manifestation of his own flowering beauty. Lennon used his physical canvas to record occasions, places and faces he loved. But more importantly, he used it as a disguise, to project an alternative image that would overcompensate on what he felt were internal shortcomings.

But even with all these men out at a social gathering, he couldn't focus on having fun that evening because his mind was a maddening chaos of emotions.

Who was Chéri with that morning?

Where did that old man in the car take Chéri?

"I'll be back, guys." Lennon said as he stepped outside Into the cold, quiet yard. He felt that maybe in a last-ditch attempt to see Chéri and get a straight answer out of him, he should go to Birmingham Airport, and look for Chéri. He may be waiting there.

He wandered off into the town, while they were all waiting for their friend and then stopped in front of a tattoo shop. Lennon felt that as he was going to have to leave the country any way he would like to get a piece from a British tattoo artist to immortalise the trip. It was always a fun ritual of any adventure for him to choose the symbol that would represent the trip. He considered getting a Union Jack, or a local landmark immortalised on his body.

Lennon walked in and picked up a folder with samples of their work, and handwriting.

"What can I do you for?" The artist asked.

Lennon put on his reading glasses, and looked down at all the fonts, "Nothin' fancy. I'd like something local as a souvenir."

"Whatcha got in mind?" The artist asked.

"I don't know yet, but I'll know it when I see it. I usually make a snap decision."

"Hehe, a compulsive tattoo addict like me. We're the best kinds, often with the biggest collections." The artist said.

"That's very true, and I ain't regretted a choice yet and if I did, I'd just have it covered." Lennon said with a smile as he turned the page.

"How about one of these? They're typically British."

"Well, this would be cool." Lennon said as he pointed to a picture.

"Cool! Have you visited there?"

"Nah, not yet." Lennon answered.

"Aww, that's no fun! And anyway, you sound unsure." The artist said as he took the folder, "Look, what's been the highlight of your trip so far?"

"Well..-" Lennon started but then stopped mid-sentence, "The highlight of my trip so far has been Someone I met actually." Lennon confessed.

The artist slapped the table, "There you go! Name?" He asked as he took out a pad.

Lennon smiled and made a brief nervous laugh, "Chéri, with an accented 'e'."

"Chéri? got it. How about this..?" The artist said after he quickly freehanded the name in beautiful calligraphy in a curved ark, then flipped the pad over so Lennon could see it.

"Wow!" Lennon exclaimed that's incredible! Why not?! Hey, could you add some pastel pink cherry blossoms, buddy?"

"Pink flowers..? Yeah, sure. Okay, let's see your ink for a placement."