Chapter 33 : The Truth Hurts

Later on that day, they were both laying on a lawn in each other's arms. Lennon was now bright highlighted blond with a panel above and behind his ears shaved very close in a graduated fade. On the top, he now had a neat left-side parting with longer hair on the top in a retro nineteen-forties style with a very modern and high-end influence. With his tattoos hidden, Lennon was the epitome of the wholesome American, boy next door.

Lennon picked out his own clothes to wear, which were a white Paisley shirt with small blue flowers on it and the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a silver-grey waistcoat with matching trousers and black Vans loafers. He looked polished and perfect, and it radiated his natural charm and budding style.

Chéri was different, he had grey-blonde hair cut Into a bob that's longer on the front than the back and he had a slanted partial fringe where his previous cut was growing out. He decided to keep long hair as it appealed to Lennon so much.

"Chéri, darlin'." Lennon said softly.

"Yes, my love."

"Baby, You look gorgeous. I know we've had a lovely day. But, darling you still owe me some answers. I want to know what happened in England."

Chéri looked down. "Yes, okay. Let's go eat and I have to have a drink first to calm my nerves."

"Also..." Lennon said.

"Yeah...?" Chéri said pensively.

"Your momma said...-"

"What did she say?!" Chéri cut in to ask, somewhat obviously concerned.

"That... there's something you need to tell me." Lennon said.

Chéri looked upset, huffed and stood up irritated.

"Honey, what's wrong?" Lennon asked.

"What did she say?!" Chéri demanded in frustration.

"Just that, there's something you have to tell me and when you do, I have to listen to my heart, and not react to initial reactions." Lennon said, hesitantly.

Chéri kicked the grass under his feet. "What the fuck is wrong with her?!" he seethed.

"Baby... what is it? What have you done?" Lennon asked, concerned, as Chéri started to sniff and walk away.

Lennon got off the ground and followed him, "Honey, have I said something wrong?"

Chéri was visibly teary and upset. Lennon felt terrible to have caused him such obvious pain accidentally.

"Why can't people stay out of my life and my personal business! They won't be happy until they've ruined everything. I've learned my lesson from before!" Chéri said before he dipped his head Into his hand and started to cry.

Lennon wrapped his arms around Chéri and held him close. "Chéri, my Chéri."

Chéri held onto Lennon, "I don't want you to hate me."

"Chéri, I really don't think I could ever hate you! Get mad - sure, rant and rave, yes. Hate, nah. I love you so Goddamn much that even if I found out you were a serial killer, I'd just pray for you. Nothing and no-one can stop me loving you." Lennon said quietly into Chéri's ear.

"Listen Lenny, let's go get a drink first."

It was getting late so they went to a bar and grill in the city. Chéri ordered three drinks and insisted that Lennon remain sober to hear him out while he started downing drinks.

Lennon was feeling hungry, and after seeing the second chicken dish getting brought out for people, he insisted on going in to order food. He ordered two steaks with fries and vegetables, and a side of fried chicken.