Chapter 134 : From Poland, With Love

Start from the beginning

"Sort of, but she's expecting you." Suzanne said.

Lennon waited for Suzanne to walk through, then he followed her, and asked quietly, "Does she speak English?"

"Yes, a little." Suzanne responded.

Lennon turned to the lady, "Thank you for having me to your home. The names Lennon Adamski." He said as he offered his hand to shake.

Agnieszka shook his hand and smiled back, "You are not ? You are a pole?!"

Suzanne cut in, "It's a long story, matka."

Lennon answered awkwardly, "Yeah, my family were poles who apparently came to the land of milk and honey, looking for a better life. They stayed, and decades later...here I am." Lennon said, holding out his arms.

"This is wonderful! I expect my daughter come home with a latin man, not a giant. I have very beautiful room. I cleaned it, special." She said excitedly.

"Okay, cool." Lennon said, as he followed her through the kitchen and into a tiny, narrow hallway to a door.

To Lennon's American eyes, this looked like the thin end of poverty. He couldn't help noticing the tiny fridge freezer she had, that made a very loud humming sound. It made him think about his own families massive three door fridge freezer back home in Tennessee. This was a world away from the humble, ample comfort of America, and the decadent, gaudy excess of the Bordello. He also thought about how the money that was made on the beds in Spain, at least on this occasion, ended up here, in a small apartment in Poland.

Lennon ducked slightly to miss a low beam, and stepped into a small room with a double duvan bed, and an old wooden wardrobe which smelt funny.

"I get more covers." Agnieszka said before she dipped into her room.

"Ohh...hmm. one bed?" Lennon asked Suzanne quietly.

"We always share a bed.." Suzanne responded casually.

"Yeah but, I didn't think she'd be down with that." Lennon responded.

"She thinks you're my boyfriend, so...she's down." Suzanne answered.

Lennon turned to Suzanne with a look that she found hilarious.

Agnieszka returned holding several thin red blankets which she passed to Suzanne. "You must be tired from your travel. I will finish the food and call you both."

"Thank you so much." Lennon said, even though he was fighting off sneezing due to the fact that the blankets smelt musty, and also had that strange smell of mould.

Suzanne shut the door, then turned to Lennon, "What do you think of my mother?"

"She's a kind woman, in a way that kinda reminds me of my own momma." Lennon answered as he thought about how much he loved, and missed, his parents. He was desperate to speak to them, hoping that the dust had settled on all the family drama. He felt that if nothing else, he should write a long letter to them, explaining everything.

Lennon, then looked at the tiny double bed, which looked under six foot in height so he knew he couldn't stretch out in it.".

"This will do for one night." Suzanne said.

"Honestly, it's fine." Lennon replied as he placed his bag on a chair.

"Okay, the mattress is a little hard, but try it, come on..." she said as she sat on the bed smiling back at Lennon.

Lennon sat on the bed and it creaked under him, and wobbled slightly, "I don't know about this.." he said.

"It'll be fine! Want to come see my baby?"