Chapter 128 : The Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

Lennon looked up. "Yeah, because it's the same side that faces us all the time. Hence the phrase, 'the dark side of the moon'."

"Can I ask you a question, as you seem to know so much?" She asked.

"Sure."

Suzanne smiled, "Is it really made of cheese?"

Lennon looked at her as if she was crazy. "Obcourse not! It's just a rock, not living and vibrant, like this planet, which is beutiful, by the way."

"You're such a romantic." Suzanne answered, as she looked up at Lennon, while he gazed upwards, as the moonlight bathed his face.

"Nah, I'm not tryin' to be romantic, I'm bein' practical! Look!" Lennon said, as he pointed up at the moon, "That, is the evidence of God. He signs everything."

"Everything? Even you..?" Suzanne asked.

Lennon pulled his shirt bottom out from his belt, and lifted it to expose his belly button, "Even me."

"But what if it's just evolution?" Suzanne asked.

Lennon shook his head, "But it isn't."

"But, all this just...came about." Suzanne said.

Lennon held his arms wide and span around slowly, "Are you honestly telling me, this is all one giant fuckin' accident? C'mon Quuen. This is a design. Its planning! All outta love for us."

Suzanne smiled, "So, we're basically God's favourite hamsters and he gave us a beutiful cage."

"Mmmm...kinda." Lennon relented, as he put his arm around her and they continued walking.

Walking on for a bit, they saw a small bakery, all lit up, with a fire in the lounge area. The window was filled with delicious cakes and treats.

"Whoa! Look!" Suzanne shrieked as she looked into a shop window, "Hash brownies! Space cake! Mushrooms!"

"Let's check it out!" Lennon said as they went in.

They went in, and bought all manner of joint kits, weed, cakes, brownies, and a large mushroom cap that Suzanne didn't even want to touch, but Lennon insisted on buying, as Chéri kept telling him that he'd had amazing trips while fucked up on shrooms, and Lennon had never even seen one before.

"We'll have one last drink to celebrate, then head to bed." Suzanne said.

"Why not? I'm already fucked." Lennon joked.

They then made their way home to the hotel. Once they got back to their room, Lennon started to roll another two joints, while Suzanne went to go get the champagne from the fridge.

Lennon hooked up his MP3 player and put some music on. Within a moment, the opening bars of Heros started to play, and Lennon started to sing along to it.

"Though nothing will drive them away, We can be heroes just for one day, We can be us just for one day..." Lennon sang, much to Suzanne's amusement, as she walked back in smiling, holding the Champaign bottle and two glasses. She smiled at Lennon who was quickly rolling two joints.

Suzanne got on the bed and sat up on her knees holding the bottle. "You open it. I'm scared of opening these."

Lennon got off the bed and opened the window, then shamelessly lit his joint in the room. He stuck the joint in the side of his mouth and hopped back onto the bed quickly, then lit her joint with his, and handed it to her.

"You're the perfect gentleman. Though you may set off the fire alarms." She joked.

Lennon giggled and raised his eyebrows as he smiled with the smoke in the side of his mouth.

"Its so nice being with a man who doesn't just stare at my tits." She remarked as she handed Lennon the champagne bottle, "Hey! Open this!" She asked.

"I will...if ya show me your tits." He joked.

"Deal!" She said before laughing.

"Look honey, let me show ya somethin'," Lennon said as he took a small dishcloth from her. "I learned this while working in a restaurant as a teenager. It's a surefire, guaranteed safe way to open a pressurised bottle in a crowded room."

"Okay, I wanna see this! I'm scared of opening these. Javier scared me half to death opening a champagne bottle on our wedding night." Suzanne said.

"Suzy, what's the deal with you and him?" Lennon asked.

"Well...I don't know. We get on great! He's a lovely guy. We kiss and cuddle...but, there's not intimacy between us, not that I haven't tried." Suzanne said.

Lennon gave her a side eye, "For real? What the fucks wrong with him? Nevermind! I'll ask him when I see him."

"I don't know. I'm just trying to make our marriage work." Suzanne said.

Lennon smiled at her, "Okay, watch! As Chéri would explain... you first open the bastard foil, undo the bastard metal twisty thing..."

"When do you open the bastard bottle?" She asked during a giggling fit.

"Gettin' to that." He smiled. "Now the first dangerous bit is keeping the metal twisty bit on the bottle after you've untwisted it, in case its already gonna blow."

"Okay..." she said, watching intently.

"Then, keeping your hand kinda coverin it, pull the bastard metal thing off. Then put this bastard cloth thing over the top, with a slack bit for the cork to pop into, then hold around the bottleneck and cloth. Twist the bastard top, aaaaand..." Lennon paused as he popped the cork into the dishcloth.

"Amazing!" She cheered.

"See, I know how to blow a load safely." Lennon said with a grin.

Suzanne just laughed, her glass shaking as he was pouring into it.

Lennon pulled the joint out of his mouth and downed his glass.

"Hey Wonda!" She said, making Lennon look up at her while she pulled her crop top up to show him her breasts.

"Whoa...calm down!" He said, nearly choking.

"Now you have to show me something."

Lennon pulled out his shirt, then put his glass down, and covered both his nipples. "Okay, you can see my tits..." he said before uncovering them. "Taa Daaah!"

Suzanne nearly choked laughing before she balanced the bottle on the bed between them and she lay down on the bed.

Lennon lay next to her holding his glass. He took out his phone, and took a picture of their lower halfs and legs as they held their glasses. "This is for Instagram." He said as he was trying different filters and adding a vignette.

"Are you sure you should post that? Isn't Chéri on your Instagram?"

"Ofcourse he is! I ain't got nothing to hide. I'm about to call him anyway."

"Let me ask, when was the last time, if ever, you slept with a girl?"

"Hmmm...ten years ago. I was sixteen."

"Ohh...tenth anniversary! I'll drink to that." She said, before taking a large gulp.

"Me too!" He answered as he clinked glasses with her, then took a sip, "Now, I want to call Chéri and let him know what's going on." Lennon said as he dialled Chéri, and felt apprehensive about the response.