Chapter 95 : Dear God, Thank You For Jesus

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow, Lenn's gonna see that pretty little thing, Brooke. She really wants to catch up with him." Logan said.

"Son, whatever dills his pickle. Last time I saw Brooke, her clothes were so tight I could see her religion! I'm surprised she ain't caught old and new monia." Merrick said.

"She's a fine young girl, but not a match for Lennon, in my opinion." Monique added as she got the food out of the oven.

"Suppers here guys!" Logan called out.

Lennon walked in, looking at his phone. "where's this beer got to, Paa?"

Merrick adjusted his air tank by the table as he looked at Lennon, "I'm glad you come home rich from Europe son. We may jus have to pay a surgeon to surgically remove that phone from yer hand."

Chéri came down the stairs in a thick black shirt and black, figure concealing jeans.

Nathan came in from outside and shut the door quickly from the cold. He put his guitar down and started to help dish up.

Soon, they all gathered and sat at the table.

Merrick smiled at Monique. "Monn, you've outdone yourself!" He said as he looked at all the delicious main dishes and sides on the table. "All these years we've been together. I've loved you, and you've given me that love back tenfold. You've given me children, a happy home, the best food and the finest companionship a married couple can have. I feel I don't deserve you."

"Don't be ridiculous! You deserve the best things in life! You've made me happy all these years and I wouldn't change a thing." She replied.

"I'm just grateful that all those years ago, you gave me a chance, and said 'I do'." Merrick added.

Logan smiled. "I'm kinda glad she said that too or I wouldn't be here!"

Lennon smiled and nodded. "Me too!"

Merrick turned to Lennon. "Actually son, you were there when she said it!"

"Aww, Paa c'mon! We're 'bout ta eat!" Nathan added.

"Sometimes, you just know something is right. I knew I had to be with your father and no matter what anyone said, I was determined to be with him." Monique said.

"Well, you didn't want to be a young trophy wife, stepmother and waitress to old Maurice." Merrick said. "I grabbedja and we went travelin'! Yeah, we didn't have a whole buncha money but we were young and in love. I made money wherever we were, however I could."

Chéri brought the basket of bread to the table. "You were a stepmother and waitress for your first husband?"

"Yes. He had other children and I worked in our cafe. I tried to be a mother to them but I was just a kid myself." She said.

"Did you have any fun with them?" Chéri asked.

"Yes. I remember his first daughter was very talented and had a flair for art. We would go to galleries and enjoy musicals. His sons showed an interest in music too, and one was very bright and talented. I taught his eldest how to play the piano, even though he favoured the violin. I always wanted children of my own to teach, and then God blessed me with three beautiful baby boys. How many siblings do you have Martyn?" Monique asked as she brought over a carafe of water for the table.

"I am the ninth of nine, so I have eight siblings."

"Nine?!" Merrick said with disbelief.

"Yep. Though my parents can't stand each other now. In fact, I'm the only one that really gets on with my dad." Chéri said.