Chapter 88 : Spangna Re-Enters The Bordello

Back at the Bordello, Javier opened the door and saw Spangna standing on the doorstep with her leopard print trolley bag.

"Hav!" She shouted as she jumped up on him, but he couldn't lift her and he started to topple.

She grabbed him to stop him from falling over. "Sorry Hav! I'm so used to Lennon. He catches me and spins me around."

Javier laughed. "Nah, I'm not as strong as that guy." He said before he looked around to make sure they were alone. "Span, where's Marcel?"

"He told me to come home first. He's killing a few hours and then will arrive back in about four hours. He didn't want us to be seen to arrive back together." she said in her usual bright way. "Oh by the way, when I was parking, I knocked over that large flower pot... oh, and Marcel's motorbike. I guess the parking assist has stopped working on my bloody mini!"

"Oh shit! I'll get Gabriél to look it over before Marcel gets back!" Javier said. "You know, Mercy, can I talk with you a moment?"

"Sure what's up?" Spangna asked, in her bubbly Mancunian accent.

"Does Marcel have any plans for the Christmas event?" Javier asked.

"I don't know. I haven't asked him, why?" Spangna answered.

"Look, I'm telling you cause you're pretty much in the same boat as me. You like Lennon, don't you?" Javier asked.

"I love Lennon. He's like an older brother to me!" Spangna said.

"Yeah well, it seems that he's expressed an interest in helping to organise the Christmas event. Serena's really batting his corner over it."

"Ohh!" Spangna giggled. "Serena fancies Lennon! I don't think she's got the 'he's GAY' memo! But she ain't my problem, Selina is."

"Aren't you worried about conflict with Marcel over event planning?" Javier asked.

"Well, I think as long as they both get a say, it shouldn't be an issue."

"What happens if things escalate?" Javier asked.

"I'm hoping no one kicks off! Because I just can't take sides. I love Lenn, but Marcel is the man I'm in love with. I already had one tiff with Marcel over Lenn. I'm not having another, unless it's bloody serious. Especially as Marce is my fiancé now."

"Really?! What was that fight over?" Javier asked.

Spangna rolled her eyes. "He demanded I sack Lenn as my manager. I told him I can't! I just can't! Then he misunderstood me when I said I 'loved' Lennon! It's bloody Chéri and Selina I have difficulty with."

"Yeah, I know, and Chéri's... weird." Javier said.

"I don't know what to make of him. Marcel said he's going to explain everything to me when he gets back. But he says it's complicated, and quite sad really, but he warned me not to act any differently towards Chéri when he's told me. So, I have to idea what he's going to tell me." Spangna said.

"Well, I wish somebody would tell me. Because people have died over that guy. Though, when I first arrived, I thought Chéri was a teenaged girl. Wearing all those dresses and stuff." Javier said.

"Well, I told Marce that I want to know everything. You don't think that Chéri is just pitting people against each other for shits and giggles?" Spangna asked.

"Maybe Chéri didn't like that Marcel won't play his little games? But, he has found that Lennon does. There's just something not right, and it always leads back to Chéri. Marcel just seems to be keeping a dignified silence over something. But then, he did have to rescue Chéri." Javier said.