Chapter 73 : And Lennon Looked Back At Javier....And Didn't Want To Leave

Start from the beginning

"I hope you have a safe trip, monsieur Chéri."

"I will Hav."

"And pleeease..." Javier started as he turned to Lennon. "Keep Chéri out of trouble."

Lennon hugged Javier. "I will, Hav. I'll bring you something nice back. I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, Lenn." Javier said.

As they started to walk away pulling their cases, Lennon couldn't help looking back at Javier. It was like leaving the Bordello all over again.

"Let's go check in Honeypops." Chéri said, getting out his Spanish passport.

Lennon got his American passport out as he got his phone app up with the boarding passes.

"Oh, mmm, Mom didn't want me to say anything but, she's given a little gift for the trip and she told me to give it to you." Chéri said as they waited in the check-in queue.

"What?" Lennon asked.

Chéri handed Lennon a stack of money. Nine thousand, five hundred American dollars in cash. "She said you have to declare ten grand or more. She knew you wouldn't accept it off her, but it's a gift for you. She also intends you to give two thousand to your parents as a gift."

"She really shouldn't have! I mean, it's so sweet of her, but.." Lennon started but trailed off to just sighs and clicking sounds.

"She means well, and she knows you don't have much money!" Chéri said.

"How am I supposed to explain giving my parents two thousand dollars?" Lennon asked.

"Just tell them it's some rebate or bonus from work." Chéri suggested.

"I wish I had known sooner. I would have hugged her again for her kindness. However, I know exactly what they're going to spend it on."

"Oh what?! A holiday? A swimming pool?" Chéri asked excitedly.

"Nah. Papa's medications." Lennon said sadly.

They were distracted by reaching the front to weigh and hand in their luggage.

After they left the check-in desk, Chéri held Lennon's hand. "Just... how bad is your dad?"

Lennon held Chéri's hand as they walked towards customs. "Well, he's recovering from Lung cancer so he gets breathless now, and is hooked up to an air tank a lot of the time. My pa is such a funny guy. He makes fun of his situation and I know momma loves him crazy, so he's in good hands."

"Wow. My dad's just a conman and a dosser." Chéri said.

"Who, Sheridan? Though I don't know his last name." Lennon asked.

"How do you know my dad's first name?" Chéri asked, surprised.

"I asked you once and you told me. I gotta good memory and I memorise everything about you darlin'." Lennon said.

"Like you memorised my whole name after I said it only once. Yea stalker." Chéri said.

"Yes, and err, yes." Lennon said.

"I remember you said your mom was French, but you never told me her name. I know your dad has a weird name." Chéri said.

"My momma's names Monique, my Papa's names Merrick." Lennon said.

"Are they married?" Chéri asked.

Lennon looked shocked. "Of course! When they were young, they got married as soon as Momma got a divorce from that old French guy she was married to in Montreal. Paa said I was on the way anyway, so they wanted to do the right thing."