Chapter 45 : Suzanne And Lennon, Sittin' In A Tree..

Start from the beginning

"But I'm straight!" Suzanne said, smiling widely.

"So is spaghetti until it gets wet." Lennon said with a grin as he layered the sandwiches.

Suzanne looked at him and laughed. "Oh, Wonda. When you're straight, which is never, I'll ask you to marry me. You're the nicest guy I know."

"Well! When I'm straight, which is never, I'll accept. Obviously, it's out of the question right now as you lack something I'm quite fond of." Lennon said.

"It's probably the same thing I'm fond of?" Suzanne said.

"Probably." Lennon replied.

"What am I going to do with you!" Suzanne said.

"Apparently, absolutely nothing!" Lennon joked.

"Oh my God! Stop! You're like, the come-back King tonight."

"And I thought you'd say, queen." Lennon said.

"You win!" Suzanne said as she hugged Lennon from behind as he cut the sandwiches.

"Good. Want a pickle with this?" he asked as he handed her the plate.

"Yes! Wow! This looks amazing." Suzanne said as she tucked in.

"This is my favourite sandwich, even more than a Monte Cristo sandwich. You could even add another fried egg and add a tier. The secret is pepper on the avocado." Lennon said as he took a bite.

"What's a Monte Cristo sandwich?" Suzanne asked.

"Chéri would know it as an American version of a French Croque-Monsieur. My momma used to make it for us as a snack. I loved cooking with my momma. Learning recipes, helping her." Lennon explained.

"Aww. No wonder you cook so well. You're a momma's boy." Suzanne said.

"Card-carrying and proud."

Much later on that evening, Lennon was reclined back on the sofa. Suzanne was leaning against him and they had her fleece blanket over them both as they watched the show.

They had a bag of sweets that Suzanne had brought over, and Lennon had a bag of almonds which they were sharing.

"Why do you have those?" Suzanne asked.

"Protein snack. Good for the system, muscle growth support and weight loss. I don't really have much of a sweet tooth so I always have these." Lennon said.

"Weight loss?! Gimme those!" she said as she snatched the bag off him." Suzanne said.

"You don't need to lose weight, Suzanne."

"Yes I do! " she said as she got up to get the cola bottle. She was wearing night shorts and a vest, as she grabbed her side, "Look, I have love handles, which I've never had before."

"Well, it's cause your buyin' and drinkin' so much cola, full-sugar kind too. When I do drink it, I drink the zero." Lennon said.

She slumped back down next to him. "Lennon...?" Suzanne said in her most sugary way.

"Hmm?"

"I hate to ask you to do this." Suzanne said.

"Oh? Now I'm worried." Lennon answered with a grin.

"But, could you write me a gym program?" Suzanne asked.

"Sure. As soon as I'm cleared and back in the main compound, I'll take you through your paces in the gym and write you a program. But I gotta know what you're after." Lennon said.

"Weight loss. Losing my love handles and tightening up my ass." Suzanne said.

Lennon shook with laughter. "Why is your ass loose?! That sounds like more of a problem."

Suzanne looked up and rolled her eyes. "I meant, tone. I didn't know you had a dirty mind too. You seem so quiet all the time."

"Nah. Anyway, can I ask you a personal question darlin'?" Lennon asked.

"Anything." Suzanne replied.

"How did you get into prostitution?" Lennon asked solemnly.

Suzanne sighed. "I'm here in Spain as an illegal."

"Does the house know this?" Lennon asked.

"Of course they do. Marcel knew what he was doing when he went to throw me out. He knew there's nowhere to go, and it's powerful leverage. The Polish traffickers brought me here and gave me a place to stay. But they kept asking for more and more money all the time. This was the only way to pay them off and have a roof over my head." Suzanne said.

Lennon shook his head. "Life shouldn't be like that." Lennon said as Suzanne hugged him. "Suzanne, as long as I'm here, you have a home."

"What about when you leave?" Suzanne asked as Lennon held her head against his chest.

Lennon was quiet a moment. "Have you made moves to get legal?"

"No, why?" Suzanne asked.

"Why don't you try to get legal? Sign up to a school, claim asylum, something." Lennon said.

"I never had the time." Suzanne said.

"Make the time darling, or you'll stay the paid plaything of men." Lennon said.

"I have to clean up my life for my baby." Suzanne said.

"I'll try and address these problems with momma. When I finish my proposals and programs." Lennon said.

"You're an angel Wonda, sent to save us all."

"Nah." Lennon grinned as he got up and took their plates, putting them on the side. "Anyway. I'm gonna take my meds and hit the hay." Lennon said.

"I'm feeling too lazy to walk down the hall to go home. I may sleep here again." Suzanne said.

"Be my guest. You practically live here anyway. If you want, you can sleep in the bed and I'll take the sofa?" He said, throwing a pillow and a blanket to her.

"No way! Anyway, I come here nearly every night because you cook so well.

"Glad you enjoy it! Goodnight, darlin'." Lennon said as he hugged her and headed to his bedroom.

"Goodnight, Wonda." She answered as she fluffed up the pillow on the sofa.

Next Chapter: Suzanne Faces Chéri