Chapter 42 : Enter, Doctor Varennikov

Start from the beginning

"Untrue! Do you hear these lies? He's accusing you of running a common whore house!" Marcel shouted.

Lennon shouted back. "It's true... And you know it. Marcel turns a blind eye because he doesn't care! All he wants is money! It only takes one man to walk in here with AIDS and there goes your whole business. You already have a high turnover of women and men, unexplained deaths, and one attempted lawsuit."

"He has been here five minutes and he is attempting to tell us how to run our business." Marcel said.

"Lennon.." Dolores answered, "You have quite the list of our failings."

"Such an ungrateful guest! Chéri is as much to blame for this mess as he is." Marcel retorted.

"Hmmph!" Dolores cleared her throat loudly, "Perhaps you can make a list of remedies?"

Marcel shot a look of total wide-eyed shock at Dolores.

Lennon thought for a few moments as he scanned the floor with his bloodshot eyes, "I can make a list of proposals that should change things... but, some may be radical." he sighed, "And I ask that I have a consultation with someone who knows the troubles from the inside."

Dolores looked at Lennon, "Who would that be?"

"Suzanne." Lennon said in reply.

Marcel looked at Chéri, who looked at Lennon.

"As long as it does not throw my budgets too far." Dolores answered.

"I'll need that help, because I don't fully understand the business, but I want to launch programs." Lennon answered.

"Programs?" Dolores asked.

"Yes. Firstly sexual health. Cause God knows, this place needs it."

Dolores smiled slightly, "Lennon, call me crazy, but as I've said, there's something about you I like, I don't know what it is, but I like it... a lot."

Cheri chimed in, "It's his body, mom."

Dolores tapped Chéri, leaving him to rub his arm. "I'm going to make you an offer, Lennon. You have a week, during a work trial to come up with your programs. You can have help from anyone you choose to educate you about our business. However, you must budget all of it yourself and it must be approved by my accountant. Do you want to accept my offer of employment?"

Lennon thought hard a moment, then looked up to Dolores, "I accept your kind offer, and I'll come up with the goods."

"During the week, I wish to place you in charge of our men and LGBT assets. You know about the ways of the community so you are the best choice In educating them."

Marcel looked incensed and held out his arm towards Lennon, "Madame! You are placing an imbecile in charge of part of a multi-million euro business?!"

"Looks like I already have..." she sighed.

"Madame! I have worked with you for years! Created what we have now! And now you take direction from a casual one night stand of your sons?! I have put in year's!" Marcel ranted.

"Yes Marcel, and in that time you have/ruled with an iron grip! furthered the delinquency of my youngest son, caused disunion and discord, and have become too heavy-handed." Dolores said.

Marcel stood strong as he shouted back, "Only to keep worse situations at bay! All that man will do is seize control and cause chaos all around with his American nonsense. He will cost you thousands! He'll work under the instruction of drug-addicted whores and the inmates will end up running the asylum! "