Chapter 100 : All We Are, Are Monkeys, Awaiting Our New Organ Grinder..

Start from the beginning

"Look, you didn't hear this from me, but when I was escorting Serena and Baptiste shopping, they were talking about the fact that the accountant was telling them that he's given the okay to Lennon's proposals, nearly the entire manifesto! And he's got a meeting with Madam Dolores to speak to her regarding it. Then, that Madam Dolores is going to call the whole security team in for a briefing without Marcel before she calls him in for a meeting with us there 'under new orders'." Rodriguez explained.

"What?!" Javier said, wide-eyed. He then searched the floor with his eyes and he now wished that he had stolen a copy of the Manifesto.

Rodriguez nodded. "Serena told her brother Baptiste that Madam Dolores is probably going to request that Marcel resign voluntarily, to avoid the embarrassment of being dismissed, and that we will all be present to keep the peace."

Javier shook his head and felt a rising panic in the pit of his stomach, and was visibly starting to sweat. "That...can't be. She can't do that! She can't just fire Marcel and replace him with...Lennon! Marcel helped her build the Bordello! He's a founder! He saved her brat Chéri more times than I can count! And held this place down like a fortress!" Javier said as he gripped his forehead. "I don't even know how Marcel is going to react to this."

"I've heard that's why we'll all be there. According to Serena, we'll all receive new orders from her, or Chéri. Kenzo already had a private briefing about something or the other." Rodriguez said.

"Chéri's done this..." Javier made a brief painful laugh. "When I arrived, I thought Chéri was a fourteen-year-old girl and so did most other people. He didn't even sound like he does now, and was generally kept away from everyone else. The fact of the matter is that we are all vulnerable without Marcel! He's the Kingpin here, crucial to our safety!"

"Why do you say that?" Rodriguez asked.

"Because! He's a brilliant tactician, staunch and fearless in the face of everything! He walks out into conflict armed with the assurance of success!" Javier argued.

"He just has a lot of bravado, Hav! And I think he has cultivated such an intimidating reputation for himself that his very image strikes fear into chancers, regardless of how many there are." Rodriguez answered.

"Yes! And..." Javier said before he crossed himself. "He is invulnerable to bullets and can not be killed by a gun."

"Well, he does walk out Into gunfire very calmly." Rodriguez pointed out.

"Because he has nothing to fear! The only threat to him is Chéri. How can Lennon be the new AK!?"

"Well, we were always telling old bulletproof to pick his fights. His days were numbered the moment he fell foul of Chéri, and definitely when Lennon walked through those doors. So obviously Chéri has plotted to usurp him. Whether or not his bringing Lennon here was part of a larger plan... who knows, and who cares. We just get ruled by yet another master." Rodriguez said.

Javier shook his head. "This can't be happening."

"I think it is, Javier. But, it doesn't affect us anyway." Rodriguez answered.

"But, Marcel is irreplaceable." Javier said.

"Nobody is irreplaceable. We must just await new orders when they come, and I don't think they'll be coming from Marcel." Rodriguez replied.

Javier shook his head. "I think this is a bad mistake. It's wrong and just can't be happening."

"Javier, we're not paid to think. We just follow orders. All we are, are monkeys, awaiting our new organ grinder."

"I like our current organ grinder." Javier said.

"Well, there's one more thing." Rodriguez said.