Chapter 27 : Livin' La Dolce Vita / Enter, Ellie König

Chéri sauntered back into the event hall and sat back at the table silently as his mother sat back at the head.

Lennon reached over and held his hand under the table as Chéri looked back up at him. Lennon mouthed a kiss to him and Chéri squeezed his hand and made an attempt at a smile before he looked back down at his plate.

A brief break was announced before coffee and dessert would be served. This allowed all the VIPS to finally mingle.

Lennon was determined to get to know all these people around him. Some of the most successful sex workers were there too, and after supper, they were going to assist In explaining some of the business to him.

Lennon spent a while chatting to different people, though kept looking for Chéri who seemed to vanish again as mysteriously as he reappeared.

He caught sight of Chéri on the other end of the room giggling with a group of people, and he had his arm draped over a pretty, Asian looking girl's shoulder. Lennon tried to get quickly through the crowd in the large hall that was attached to the banquet room.

"Chéri...?" he said lovingly as he reached them.

Chéri looked excited and motioned Lennon over, "Everyone! This is my American boyfriend, Lennon!"

"Yes we've heard about him already!" one of the men said.

The Asian giggled and blushed, then shyly asked, "Are the rumours about you true?"

"Depends on which rumours they are." Lennon said with a smile.

One of the other men stepped forward flamboyantly, "Okay! Okay! Real man talk here. Are you really packing?"

Lennon looked confused, "What? a weapon?"

"Well, you could say that.." The man answered.

Chéri nodded as he chewed bubble-gum and casually added, "Yeah, he's huge and very flexible! He can get into all these weird positions to have sex."

There was a roar of noise from the conformation making Lennon roll his eyes comically. Lennon touched Chéri's arm gently, "Sweety, a word please."

"Sorry guys! I'm in trouble!" Chéri said before he winked at his friends while he left with Lennon. "What's up Lenny? Am I in trouble for talking about your... natural gift?"

"Darlin' nah, you ain't in trouble though, I wish you wouldn't keep talking about our sex life." He said before he paused a moment, "Hmm, and at the table earlier, what was all that about?"

"Well, You put me on the spot and forced your will on me to eat food, so I forced my will on you. Equal."

Lennon said quietly, "Baby, I just want to see you eat! You're committing a slow suicide and you want me to stand by and watch. I won't do it."

"What do you mean?!"

"Chéri, if you don't stop throwing up every other time you eat, I'll leave."

Chéri stopped messing around and looked completely shocked, "What?!"

"Chéri, if you value me at all, then stop it and get healthy. You're already on methadone and... - "

Chéri interrupted him, "Oh I wondered how long it would take you to drag that up! I'm on methadone because I got clean and I'm not using!"

"Cher, listen! Some people have damaged you badly, and it's been left to me to deal with it. Your momma can afford the very best treatment there is! Take advantage of that!"

"Lenny! you're not my dad!"

"Chéri! Stop being childish! You have issues, I get that! I'm willing to help you through them all! The abuse, the addictions, anything that brought you pain, share it with me. Please, just unburden yourself."