213 » elijah

YOU GUYS DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE WRITING ANGST AND FLUFF AND CRYING this is definitely my strength and probably why this imagine is over 4000 words. oops, please try to survive.

i'd like to just say a quick thank you to all of you for being so amazing because my second preference/imagine book reached one million reads last night, which means that three of my four books now have over million reads and that's just way too amazing and the fourth book (the first imagine book) is pretty close to 1M as well so basically soon all of my books have +1M and i don't know how i'll handle that

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU ALL (((:

///

Imagine staying in Mystic Falls when Elijah goes to New Orleans, and he promises to come back but only returns two years later

  "I'm sorry, dear. I wouldn't leave if I didn't absolutely have to."

  Your quiet sniffles made your boyfriend shake his head sadly as his arms wrapped tightly around you, closing you in a soft embrace and pressing you against his chest. His smooth voice had always made you feel so safe, but now you felt like he was the one tearing your heart out of your chest, although it wasn't his intention but you couldn't feel anything but pain as you cried against Elijah's muscular chest and gripped on the rough material of his black trench coat.

  You felt Elijah's large hands sneaking to your face to cup the sides so it was easy for him to lift your gaze up to his. Your eyes met, and you shivered at the sight of his equally sad look, yet the smile on his soft lips was fond, caring and somewhat happy. You failed to see the joy in the situation - he was leaving for New Orleans, where his brother had gotten into trouble as usual, while you decided to stay in Mystic Falls. You didn't blame Elijah for leaving, he put family first and you understood that, but nonetheless it hurt like a bitch to know that you were on his arms for what could potentially be the last time.

  His thumb grazed over the top of your cheeks to wipe away the salty tears, and he chuckled softly, trying to neglect the sadness, to avoid his own tears but witnessing you so heartbroken hurt him just as much. "I will come back for you, Y/N. I give you my word", Elijah broke the silence eventually, and pulled your face closer so he could press a soft, gentle kiss on your forehead. You closed your eyes, causing more tears to fall onto your cheeks, but before Elijah had time to wipe them away as well, you wrapped your arms around him and he did the same, leaving the two of you in a bittersweet goodbye hug.

  "I love you", he whispered in your ear, his voice running through like velvet, and all you could do was nod your head sadly. You didn't have the strength to speak, but Elijah knew you loved him, just as you knew he loved you, which was why you had hope and belief - he'd come back. He would.

  Not.

///

  Crying. Your list of hobbies and pastime activities had narrowed down from movie marathons with Bonnie, drinking with Damon, working on the Porsche with Stefan and going on the occasional jogs with Elena, to only crying. Each day you struggled to find the motivation to lift yourself from the bed, but eventually the feeling of hunger or the need to shower kicked you up - or sometimes Caroline, who had made it her mission to get you out of your house when you couldn't do it by yourself.

  Ever since Elijah left, you had been miserable. The life in you had been sucked out, he took it with him, but you couldn't really blame him. He had stuff to do, and it was easy for him to leave behind some petty little town, but your life was in Mystic Falls. You couldn't walk away, so instead, you let Elijah walk away and god how you regretted it. But at least he promised to come back eventually, and if not hunger or thirst, then the shreds of hope got you up from your bed eventually.