24 » elijah

just something quick i decided to put together (: no gif this time because i'm on my phone, which will also explain other unusual things if there are any because to be honest i always write on my laptop. also doing this completely messes up my list of imagines so i hope you like it and it's worth it !
also if you ever find yourself in a situation like this and are afraid that the drunk person you're dealing with could hurt you in any way, please take care of yourself and make sure you're safe !! xx

ALSO REQUESTS ARE OPEN AGAIN !

///

Imagine Elijah coming home drunk, which both surprises and scares you and in the morning he apologies

Elijah wasn't one to drink very much, not too often either, and during your relationship of two years, you hadn't seen him drunk ever. He always drinking reasonably and keeping his level of intoxication low, and usually just making sure you got home safe if you happened to be drinking with him.

So it was only obvious that whenever you would witness him getting drunk for the first time, it would be an interesting experience. You just expected it to be more amusing than scary and sad, but you were wrong to think so. So, very wrong.

"Y/N...?", you heard slurring from the front door, "I-I'm ho..ome." You opened your eyes, and took in a deep shaky breath. It was a little over three in the morning, which was surprising from Elijah. He also always informed you of where he was and when he'd come back home, but today he had left around nine in the evening, and hadn't contacted you once. You couldn't sleep without him, so for four hours, you had just been rolling around in your bed, worrying about him.

You threw the duvet over your body and your legs to the side of the bed, from where you hopped up and with just panties and one of Elijah's shirts on, you tiptoed to the front door where you found the mess you could barely recognize as your boyfriend. His hair was a mess, and his tie was only loosely hanging from his neck and on his chest that was slightly revealed because of the unbuttoned shirt. You swallowed thickly, not even wanting to imagine where he had been and what he had done, but the thoughts forced themselves into your mind and tears filled your eyes as you took in the sight.

"Elijah", you started firmly, "I was worried. Where the hell have you been? And doing what exactly? And with who?", the questions began flooding from your mouth. He gave you a puzzled look, his eyebrows lifted and his eyes barely open as he leaned against the wall tiredly. You were sure he was going to fall soon, but you weren't capable nor willing to catch him.

Elijah opened his mouth and let out a low breath that reeked of alcohol, strongly, and you tried to push the lump in your throat down but it wasn't a successful attempt. You looked down, sad to see him this way, honestly.

"I went, uh, I-I went out with Niklaus and... Damon. We had a few d-drrr...rinks too-o", he rambled, and took a step towards you. "You look gorgeous, baby... Can I...", he began and reached for you with his hand, but you took a step back and he was left in touch with only air. He gave you a disappointed look, and decided to take one very unsteady step towards you which put you on alert.

What was he planning on doing? What was he like when he was drunk? You didn't know, not that, nor what to do. You kind of wanted to lock yourself in one of the rooms in your house, but you knew that if Elijah just wanted to, he'd be strong enough to break through the door.

"C'mon, darling, let's... Let's do something... Fun", he begged, but you shook your head.

"You're drunk, Elijah. Too drunk. Stop, please", you whispered, when he tried to grab your hand. He asked one more time, and his eyes started to turn red and veins ran underneath them which was enough to set you into a quick run. Your feet moved on the floor, you made your way to the bedroom and closed the door straight to his face. He was too drunk to move properly, so even with his vampire speed he was bumping to walls and stumbling all the time.

"Y/N, don't be a... A- what do people say nowadays.. Ah, yes, a bitch", Elijah said from the other side of the door, leaving you shocked and scared. You pressed into the door with all your strength, hoping it'd stop him from coming in, while salty tears rolled down your cheeks and sobs came from your mouth and echoed in the room.

Eventually he did manage to break the door, and you choked on the tears as you moved back until your back was against the wall. You had nowhere to go, and you started to regret not calling someone, like Stefan, or Rebekah, right away.

"I'm...", Elijah whispered, but didn't finish when his fangs were already sticking out and shining in the glow of the moon that pushed through the curtains. His eyes stared at you hungrily, and he moved down to your neck, ready to have a sip but you didn't want to feel the physical pain it would cause, so you chose pain in your heart and guilt instead.

"I'm sorry", you said to him, before placing your hands on his head and twisting until his neck snapped and his body slumped down to the floor.

Wow, boy I do love dating a vampire and taking care of him when he's drunk!

This was pretty much your thoughts as you cried and dragged Elijah from the bedroom floor to the bathroom where he could throw up if he wanted to or something. You just didn't want to sleep with his dead body next to you. So you left him in the bathroom, closed the door and went back in the bedroom where you cried yourself to sleep.

///

"Y/N."

You slowly opened your eyes, but didn't move. You just breathed in and out and listened to Elijah knocking the door you had locked, and begging for you to let him in.

"Unfortunately I do not remember what happened last night but clearly I did something wrong and I want to apologize. Please let me in, I will not hurt you, I give you my word", Elijah continued talking. You did believe that he wouldn't hurt you now, but he did try last night, and that was what mattered. You were mad and disappointed and didn't want to talk to him or see him. But your anger and burning want to make him feel immense guilt was what led you to the door anyway.

You unlocked the door, and yanked it open only to see Elijah with red puffy, post-tears kind of eyes. His lower lip was quivering and he looked so disappointed and sad, you sort of wanted to hug him, but decided to add some more guilt instead.

"You called me a bitch. You tried to force me into something 'fun' and touched me even when I told you to stop, and you tried to drink from my neck but I managed to break your neck before you did", you explained the happenings of last night, and Elijah took in a sharp breath immediately. It was obviously hard for him to hear all that.

You knew Elijah wasn't a bad guy, and would never hurt you when sober, but you were scared he'd get so seriously drunk again.

"You know, I've never seen you drunk before last night. And I never want to again. I've been tortured, I've been bitten, my heart has been broken and I've went through a lot of crap, but seeing you that way was the hardest, worst thing ever", you said quietly, cracking his heart even more with each word.

"I am truly sorry, my love. You are not a bitch, you are a lovely, amazing woman and I love you. I-I can't believe I attempted to force you into something you didn't want to... I'm sorry, Y/N, I'm so sorry", Elijah started apologizing, his voice quiet and careful. You smiled weakly, it did feel nice to hear him say that and witness him realizing his mistakes.

"I cannot put into words how much I regret drinking last evening, I promise I will never again have so much to drink. I love you, very much and I don't want to lose you. I hope that, one day, you can forgive me for being so cruel, and awful", Elijah continued and looked at you fondly, slowly taking your hands to his and holding them as he leaned closer to you.

"Of course... I love you too. But you really scared me, 'Lijah", you mumbled and he nodded slowly and sadly.

"Let me make it up to you", he breathed out, and snaked his hand behind your neck and held you tightly as his lips met yours and fireworks flew around you. This was the Elijah you loved, and you could trust him and you felt safe again.

When he told you he'd never drink so much again, he meant it, and you never again had to be in a situation like the one last night.