182 » klaus

Imagine getting drunk with Klaus on New Year's Eve

"Have you two been at this all bloody day?"

Rebekah's judging voice rang through your ears, but your levels of care didn't reach far enough so you just continued to move your head along the loud music while sipping on a beer. It was New Year's Eve, and just like Rebekah guessed, you and her brother Niklaus, your best friend, had been drinking since the morning. 2015 had been tough on you both, and you decided to get wasted to have fun and forget the bad memories. You wanted to start off a clean table, and make 2016 your year, whether it'd happen together or apart.

But apparently, Rebekah disagreed with your plan. So did Elijah.

"You're hammered", he smiled sarcastically, "lovely", and grabbed your beer, earning a whine from you. You gave Elijah a pout, but he didn't even blink, just stared back at you coldly and in sole disappointment. He and Rebekah had planned to celebrate, have the whole family, and you, together at the house and being close as always but instead you and Klaus got drunk. But it was so much fun.

  "I'm not as think as you drunk I am", you defended yourself, but failing awfully and earning judging glares to your direction.

"Give the bloody bottle back, 'Lijah", Klaus grunted then, shooting his brother a glare. He didn't want to see you sad or upset, he only wanted you to smile no matter what and he had made it his mission to make sure you'd always be happy. You were lucky to have him, really, and he felt the same way about you. It was a beautiful connection and a strong bond between you and him, impossible to break although the pressure was sometimes highly impressive. But he loved you enough to intimidate Elijah to a point where he handed the bottle back to you and you couldn't help but smile in wild amusement.

  "I can't believe you two are getting drunk on New Year's Eve. Does your foolishness ever hit a limit? You could have at least waited until the evening", Rebekah ranted, shaking her head while sighing loudly at you and Klaus who wrapped his arm around you lazily. Rebekah continued to lecture you two but neither of you bothered to listen or pay attention, you just leaned against each other and giggled while sipping on your beers.

  "Are you quite finished? Y/N and I have better matters to attend than listening to you mewl", Klaus said, breaking into a loud laughter while getting up and pulling you up with him. "C'mon love, let's go", he whispered to your ear, and before hearing Rebekah or Elijah say anything, the two of you stumbled outside where your laughs only increased with volume and amusement. You swayed from side to side, looking like you were from a movie as you started to make your way to the bell tower of the French Quarter with a bag of fireworks hanging on Klaus' other hand. You aimed to have fun, dangerous kind of fun but that happened to be also the best kind.

  It was already dark outside, and fairly chilly but your state was too hazy anyway to realize the goosebumps rising or the coldness that slowly wrapped you up. Klaus' presence warmed you up though, the way he held you close with his arm thrown over your shoulders was so simple yet effective. You smiled as you glanced at him, curls a bit sweaty while a clearly intoxicated look painted his features, and a drunk but still so incredibly attractive smirk tugged his lips up in a rather boyish manner. He was so handsome, you weren't sure how to cope but you tried to remind yourself that he was your best friend and even though you had a strong bond, making out could either build it up or allow it to completely fall apart. And that was why you didn't take the risk.

  The thought didn't cross your mind once, but he considered you equally attractive. He loved the way your eyes crinkled slightly when you laughed, tilting your head back and touching the left side of your chest automatically. He loved your beautiful smile, and how he could make it appear with a single word if he wanted to. He loved the way your hair smelled, the way your body looked flawless no matter what you were wearing, the way you confided in him and trusted him, and the way you were so relaxed and fun to be around but still capable of long deep conversations late in the A.M. So, it was safe to say he loved you. But he had never told you, and he wanted to keep it that way but being drunk did wonders.