149 » alaric

so i was in 100% christmas vibes and tbh i still am,, and i had three imagines planned but then i got sick and i was like nahhh i'll just work on the requests i need to do instead of just my own ideas so here's this one christmas themed imagine instead of three

also,,  i just reached 2,000 followers and i'm so grateful, thank you, even if all of those followers won't read this, but i'm happy nonetheless and i really do love you all xx 

///

Imagine decorating the Christmas tree with Alaric and you accidentally push it, causing it to collapse

 A happy giggle escaped your mouth as you grabbed a handful of Christmas ornaments and got up on a ladder to place them on the arms of your beautifully green Christmas tree. Your beloved, Alaric, watched you as you did so, with a gorgeous, truly happy smile tugging up your lovely lips. You were so beautiful, in all your excitement and holiday vibes.

 "Thanks for doing this, Ric, this really is the highlight of my entire year", you spoke while grinning. You got down from the ladder and went to hug your boyfriend, with whom you had been together for nearly a year now. You confessed your feelings to each on New Year's Eve, and became a couple quickly after that, but you hadn't spent a Christmas together yet. But you were a huge fan of the holiday, eager to watch your favorite Christmas movies, listen and sing your favorite carols, bake and eat your favorite goods and go shopping for presents for your most loved ones. Including now Alaric Saltzman, the love of your life.

 "I know, Y/N. And I don't mind, I do love Christmas too, at least if I get to spend it with someone as amazing as you", he smiled and placed a kiss on your lips. It quickly took a twist to a much heated direction and there you stood then, making out under a mistletoe while some carols played from the radio, and Alaric's hands about to go up your shirt but then you stopped him.

 "No, no, no. We have a tree to decorate. Maybe afterwards we can have some other kind of fun", you winked, before taking a silver tinsel and dancing back to the ladder while wrapping the ornament around your shoulders and putting on a show for your boyfriend. Alaric smiled fondly as he watched you climb up the ladder to reach the higher parts of the tree, and kept shaking his head while thinking about how unbelievably much he loved you.

 "Hey, wanna hang a few candy canes up there?", Alaric asked then and grabbed a couple of the striped canes from the box on the floor before tossing them at you, right after you had nodded and agreed to do so. You wrapped the tinsel around the tree and then opened your hands to take the candy canes Alaric threw for you, but you should have known it wouldn't end well.

 Both of the candy canes slipped from your hands and you automatically attempted to grab them again but as you did so, you pushed the tree and your balance was lost on the ladder. Before you understood that it had happened, you fell from the ladder and towards the tree with all the pretty ornaments and decorations on it. All the lights, all the angels, all the snowflakes - suddenly underneath your body. The tree collapsed and a scream left your mouth as you fell with it, and equally surprising shock overwhelmed Alaric who had no time to move. You and the Christmas tree fell on top of Ric, poor Ric, who remained underneath the weight and the pressure while you groaned and picked yourself up from the mess of decorations and the needles of the tree.

 "Oh my god, Ric", you let out and tried to lift the tree, with your utmost strength. Your boyfriend groaned as he attempted to help you, but it was hopeless. You, with all of your human strength, somehow managed to lift the tree though and shoved it against the wall before going onto your knees and making sure Alaric was alright. You moved your hair away from your face and placed your hands on his cheeks, kissing his forehead and lips to comfort him. And kind of to apologize.

 A groan left his mouth again. "Y/N...", he breathed out and looked down to his stomach - only then you understood that a candy cane had impaled him, and you gasped sharply while placing your hand on your mouth. You thought you were going to faint, or throw up, or both, but Alaric grabbed you with one of his hands and forced you to get through it.

 "Y/N, please", he grunted, "this is going to sound so weird, but I have some of Damon's blood stored in the freezer in case of occasions like these. Please go get it for me, I need it", earning a shocked look from you but you got on your feet and rushed to the kitchen where you found the blood easily, in a little bottle. You scrunched up your nose, but returned to Alaric and handed him the blood.

 "This is so disgusting, and weird. So weird. Damon's blood? And how dangerous even is this town if you know you'll need it at some point?", you complained, but Alaric stopped you from rambling on the topic because once again he needed your help. But obviously you were willing to give it to him.

 "Babe, sorry, but I'm gonna need you to do me one last favor. Pull out the damn candy cane", Alaric panted. You stopped talking immediately, in fact, you probably stopped breathing for a while too, but then you returned to the matter at hand and nodded before in utter disgust and disbelief, placing one of your hands on Alaric's stomach, and another on the candy cane.

 "I'm sorry", you whimpered, before quickly tearing the cane out of your boyfriend's body, which earned a loud shout from him as he rolled onto his side, clutching onto his bloody stomach in pain. You grimaced, and apologized again, and again. Alaric sat up and drank the blood you had given him, taking all of it, and then groaned but in a different way now. Just seconds ago he was in unbelievable discomfort but now he felt perfect again, healed and well.

 "It's okay. I'm okay. Don't worry", Alaric sighed and pulled you to his arms, placing a kiss on the top of your head. You looked at him in disbelief, and pulled away so he could see just how much you disagreed with him.

 "Okay? Okay? Are you kidding me-- I shoved down the tree and because of it, because of me you were impaled by a fucking candy cane, Ric. That is so not okay", you said, trying to be serious but you ended up laughing and he caught it to, causing you both to just sit there and giggle. Alaric finally caught his breath, and gave you a loving, caring look to which you responded the same way. His hand was placed on yours, and while you fingers intertwined, he mouthed "I love you", at you, and you did the same.

 "We'll get a new tree. Damon will compel us a new one, a much greater than this one", Alaric pointed out, and you nodded in agreement before moving over to him and giving him a sweet, but intense kiss. Your lips collided in a way you'd never have enough of. Your hand rested on his cheek while you kissed on the floor, surrounded by ornaments you had been decorating the tree with, for the past two hours. And now, you'd have to do it all over again.

 Well, at least it was a fun thing to do, not a boring one.

 "FYI, I would not have done that if I didn't love you. Pull out a freaking candy cane from your stomach, I mean. Consider yourself lucky, Ric", you teased, to which he just laughed. Sure, he had a candy cane in his stomach and hours' hard work fell on top of him, but yeah, he was lucky. Because he had you. That was all he needed to be convinced that he was the luckiest man on Earth.

///

i love you guys so much it's insane i mean honestly i'm so sick i can barely think but you keep sending me messages with so much love it makes me smile even if i'm over here with fever and migraine and aching all over my body omg wtf you're all so precious,, thank you !!