243 » damon (+ stefan)

Imagine your first date with human!Damon and him taking you to meet Stefan afterwards

"Y/N, you look absolutely gorgeous. Mr. Salvatore will be swooning."

Your cheeks turned pink as you twirled around in front of your mirror, your eyes following your dress as it moved around your legs, revealing some of your skin underneath which made your best friend scoff and roll her eyes in disapproval. Careless of your friend's reaction to your overflowing joy, you giggled lightly and ran your hands along the soft fabric to smooth the dress down. She wasn't wrong though - you were sure that your date would love you in that gorgeous gown that brought out your eyes and hugged your body tightly.

A few nights ago, you met Damon Salvatore and he politely asked if he could take you out for a evening, with some dancing in his mind, perhaps. And his sweet blue eyes, adorable smile and kind manners were just too irresistible, so you agreed to go on a date with him, give it a shot, because he certainly looked like husband material to you. And your friend, who was always there for you, strongly agreed and that was enough for you. Damon seemed like the perfect man, so you were undoubtedly excited as you waited for the last minutes before his arrival to tick off.

Eventually, you heard a knock on your front door and you squealed as you stumbled down the stairs, with your best friend following right behind with your high heels in her hands. You opened the door for Damon once you had collected yourself, and as soon as your gazes met, the both of you fell into a moment of adoration and every sensible sentence that sounded smart once upon a time, disappeared from your mind entirely. The both of you stood there in shock, taken aback by each other's incredible looks, from head to toe.

"Y-You look beautiful", Damon was the first one to speak, whilst his eyes still travelled up and down your body. He admired your hairstyle, your sincere smile, the happiness in your eyes, the smooth skin, the flawless curves hidden by the tight, flattering dress - just everything about you. And you felt the same kind of admiration as you looked at the groomed man in front of you, from the nicely done hair to the neat suit, and of course, the colorful flowers he was offering you.

"Thank you", you finally breathed out, clearing your throat as you gave him a look of gratitude while your hands took the flowers from him. You gave them to your friend, who promised to put them in some water, and in return, she gave you the high heels you were supposed to put on, and you broke into an awkward laughter when you realized you were standing there with bare feet.

You shot an apologetic look to Damon's direction as you began pulling the high heels on, stumbling around and breaking the graceful image that could so easily be seen at first sight. But, he rather loved how natural and carefree you were, instead of being an uptight princess. You had class, and you had sass, and that made Damon smile as he waited for you, patiently and gladly.

Finally, the two of you could leave, and your friend wished you the best of luck while shutting the door. You turned over to Damon, and he smiled carefully which made you mirror the expression whilst your arms linked and he led you to the carriage. He had planned it all out, but nevertheless, you could tell he was nervous, but you didn't blame him. You felt the same way, you just handled it differently, meaning you did lots of stupid jokes and giggled all the time instead of sweating and shaking. You weren't an ordinary girl, and perhaps that was what attracted Damon the most. You were someone special, and he definitely hoped he could be that to you too.

///

A couple of hours later, you and Damon had already danced until your feet were sore, and you even had to take off your heels, but you didn't mind. It was good fun, and you truly enjoyed his company, especially when he relaxed at some point and stopped being so nervous and afraid of talking to you. You were kind of freaking out too, but eventually the both of you eased into each other's presence and company and ended up enjoying every second you could spend together.

"C'mon, one last dance before we go!", you insisted when the band started to play a cheery song that you had definitely heard before, yet loved all the same. You moved your body to the floor, your dress following in waves while your hands gestured for Damon to come with you, and your lips curved up to a mischievous smile. The people around you seemed truly shocked by your behaviour, considering a woman should never act so wild, but you couldn't care less - you were happy, and on a great date, which you aimed to end perfectly.

Damon followed you to the dance floor, and after clasping his hand with yours and resting the other on your waist, he started to move you around the room along the music while you sang along the lyrics. Your bubbly laughter and joyful personality made Damon smile, and his heart filled with genuine happiness as he looked into your eyes lovingly. He felt nothing but affection towards you, and he even held you in the fondest of ways, trying to make the dance light and enjoyable for the both of you. He tried his best, and you could see the effort, which made you smile while thinking about how you really owed him a kiss by the end of the night.

You let the song take you away, and second by second you inched closer to each other, only realizing you were body to body when the music stopped. You remained against him, your cheeks turning red and  your skin burning hot as you looked into Damon's light eyes, but you tried to fight the urge to taste his soft lips, so you cleared your throat and let go of him. You quickly thanked him for all the dances, before taking his hand and leading him to the exit in the need of some fresh air and a change of surroundings. And as the two of you walked out, you could hear people sighing in relief, as if they didn't exactly appreciate your unusual behaviour and the cheerful dancing all over the floor.

"That was lovely. I enjoyed myself, I hope you can agree", you smiled at Damon as you walked towards the road. Damon nodded, and returned the kind smile you offered him, sending a bunch of butterflies into your stomach and turning your mind into a mess. Your heart felt like melting in your chest, or perhaps it would burst right through - the young man made you feel so many things as he looked at you so fondly, and as he held your hand a bit tighter with nothing but sincere affection aimed at you. You could tell he liked you more than you first thought he might, and inevitably, you got lost in your thoughts as you pondered on what you felt towards him.

"I do not mean to rush, but Y/N, I would love nothing more than to take you home and introduce you to my brother, Stefan", Damon eventually broke the silence between you two while you continued to walk down the road. You hadn't even noticed how far you had gotten, but you pushed that thought into the back of your mind and nodded at Damon, accepting his suggestion. You had heard things of Stefan, only good stuff for sure, and he seemed like a nice guy you wouldn't mind meeting, even on the first date. To you, Damon's offer also meant that he valued his family, especially his brother, and that alone caused you to be more than willing to go home with him.

Damon led the way, and in no time you were already standing on the porch of a beautiful home - the kind of, where you could imagine kids playing on the yard, and the smell of apple pie coming from the open window. It made you smile as you looked around and waited for Stefan to open the door, your hand still tightly in Damon's, and your stomach still filled with eager butterflies. Soon enough, the younger Salvatore answered the door, and you were surprised by his gorgeous features - the beauty seemed to run in the family. But, although you did offer him a fair share of admiration, you still preferred Damon over everyone, and gave him a fond glance as you stepped indoors.

"Welcome, Y/N. I'm happy to meet you. Damon's been talking about you non-stop", Stefan said, rolling his eyes while chuckling in amusement, and his brother gave him a cold glare in the belief that you could not see, but he was wrong. You didn't say anything about it though, just smiled, and shook Stefan's hand while thanking him for the hospitality.

"Your home seems lovely", you spoke while following Damon further in the house. You glanced at Stefan who was walking behind you, and you exchanged smiles as you reached the living room, where you took a seat next to the eldest Salvatore brother on the soft couch. You smoothed down your dress, and took a deep breath while looking around with the wide smile still plastered on your face.

The three of you found yourselves caught up in a wonderful conversation, and Stefan made you feel very much at home with his kindness, whereas Damon tried to make you comfortable in every other way. You got along with the both of them, and you could already feel your heart giving in to the love you undeniably felt towards Damon, and all you could think about was, gosh, the things you'd do to call this beautiful house your home, and the man whose hand rested on your knee your husband.

It was indeed the first, but most definitely not the last date you had with Damon Salvatore.