177 » kol + the mikaelsons

Imagine doing a Secret Santa with the Mikaelsons and your present is a kiss from Kol

The Mikaelsons weren't really in the Christmas mood when the time would have been right. Mostly because they weren't Christmas people - unlike you. They weren't ones to enjoy santa hats, carols, the whole goody good theme nor the responsibility to send everyone Christmas cards. The challenge of taking a family photo for the cards, that was a whole other fight, one that no one dared to bring up. These, and many more reasons, were why none of them really waited and expected Christmas, like you did, but you were going to change that.

"Let's do a Secret Santa this year", you suggested excitedly to Elijah on one day. It was three days to Christmas, and you were full of happiness and joy even if he, or Rebekah, or Klaus didn't agree. Kol had tuned into the mood and joined you, which was somewhat enough, but you still had to make sure everyone would bring their presents.

"That sounds like an exceptionally terrible idea, Y/N", Elijah smiled while rolling up his sleeves and shooting you a look. He had only recently arrived home from god knows where, and you just jumped onto his face with an idea that wasn't terrible like he claimed, it was rather fantastic, in your opinion at least. Truth be told, you didn't know how they'd get it to work but it was worth a shot and you really wanted to do it. Therefore, you didn't give up.

"Please, 'Lijah! For me! For Kol, too", you winked. Elijah sighed, knowing he couldn't say no to you. You were the princess of the family, even if you weren't officially a Mikaelson, though that was only on the outside - inside hid a real damn queen. Elijah gave you a tired look, but it meant that you were victorious, and you cheered as he told you to get the other siblings to the living room where you'd find out who you were supposed to buy a gift for.

You yelled their names, and all three quickly arrived to the living room where you were already sitting with Elijah who was writing down everyone's names and putting them in a bowl. You smiled at your best friends, your unofficial but certain family, until Kol appeared and your heart sank at the sight of your crush. His eyes met yours, and in an instant, a grin appeared on his pink lips, widening until it was as deliciously teasing and flirtatious as only possible. You took your lower lip between your teeth and chewed on it while falling into your own thoughts, imagining what it would be like to date Kol Mikaelson. You and him were quite close, but not romantically, as you would have preferred. Though so would he, even if he didn't admit it.

Kol sat down next to you, his hand grabbing yours which sent shivers down your spine, but you didn't pull away, instead you offered him a warm smile while squeezing his hand tightly. No words were needed, you both just smiled and looked over to Elijah after sharing fond looks, although your minds and thoughts lingered on the other even if your eyes were concentrated on another person. His presence was enough to make you happy, in fact so much you were quite afraid your heart would burst out of your chest, and so much you could think of anything else but him. How his lips would feel on yours. What it'd be like to wake up next to him, and go to sleep with him. To date him. Be the love of his life.

"Alright, time to give out the names", Elijah announced, and offered you the bowl from where you were supposed to pull out a piece of paper that would reveal your target. You took one, and grinned when you saw Kol's name written on it, knowing that buying a Christmas present for him would be tough but you loved a fair challenge. Besides, now you had the perfect opportunity to possibly confess your feelings to him, through a present, or at least make him smile which was all you needed. You wanted him to be happy, if not yours, then you'd settle for less. In this case, less was a lot.

The rest of the group found out who to buy a present for, and when it was all settled, you got up, disconnecting your hands with Kol, but you had to go shopping right away. Everyone promised to buy a present for their person by Christmas, and you were happy - finally one of your great plans went through their unbelievably thick skulls. You put on a jacket and your shoes before heading out with Rebekah who decided to join you, and together, you went to the nearest shopping center where you parted ways and made it your mission to find a suitable present for Kol, and whoever Rebekah got.