52 » matt

okay first of all i do not do enough matty blue eyes imagines and i apologize for that because he's such a babeeee omg i'm so sorry

i swear i don't do it on purpose i just have so much other imagines to do ??? there's a few coming at some point but i promise i'll make more ++ alaric and enzo imagines too because although the requests are not open, i couldn't say no to those who asked for them because i admit i admit, i suck at organizing the requests and there's like 9292012030948 klaus imagines or 49320023092 stefan imagines in a straight line and i apologize for that but anyway here's the imagineeeee

oh and Y/F/B means your favorite band !! okay enjoyy ((:

///

Imagine Matt taking you to a concert

"Matt? Are you kidding me? You're the best! I love you so much it's insane! Oh my God."

This was your exact reaction when Matt Donovan, your best friend since childhood, came to you last week with two tickets to your favorite band's concert. You had always told Matt how you were absolutely, incurably in love with Y/F/B and after a long time, they were finally coming near Mystic Falls and Matt had surprised you with tickets to the best possible area. Right next to the stage. You couldn't believe it - you were so lucky, you actually cried for hours until the morning of the concert arrived and you were too shocked to do anything.

Sometimes you'd get these fits where you jumped up and down in Matt's truck, and screamed at the top of your lungs and attacked the poor boy so hard he almost drove off of the road, but all he could do was laugh. He had made a CD full of your favorite band's songs, and it was playing on full volume through the whole three hours of driving.

When you finally arrived to the town where the concert was going to be, you ran to the line where tons of fans were equally excited with you, some maybe not even nearly as much, but you knew you were with the right people. You went in the right line with Matt, and trembled with excitement, which he tried to stop by holding your hands.

"It's going to be awesome, Y/N. Now, we just have to sit here for seven hours, but you know, it's going to be worth it. Don't worry", he told you, and kissed your forehead, as the two of you sat down and got ready to wait most of the day. But just like Matt said, it was going to be worth it.

///

You were destroying your third hot dog hungrily when you suddenly heard an announcement, and it earned squeals and shuffling from the crowd of people waiting to get inside the venue. You choked on the hot dog, and threw it away before jumping up and dragging Matt with you. He tried to put your stuff together, but it was hard when you were clinging onto him and crying and shaking.

"The gates are going to open now, we're going to start taking lines in. Please remain calm, and don't push anyone. Everyone with tickets will get inside, so do not worry, and stay on your spot. You will get in. We're going to take lines 1 and 2 first. Let's go, then", a woman announced from the front, and everyone started to scream outrageously loud. Matt laughed, and held your hand as you started to move with the line. You were so close to getting inside, and the thought was overwhelming you, and you didn't know how to cope so you just squeezed Matt's hand and jumped around.

This wasn't like going to the movies, or anything. You were going to a concert, and see your favorite band, for the first time ever and it was both scary and exciting. You started to cry quietly, and Matt tried to soothe you by hugging you but it was challenging, because the line was moving incredibly quickly, and with every step, you came closer to the entrance.

"This is happening. It's really happening. I can't believe it", you breathed out, trying to stay calm, but how were you supposed to do it? Finally, you got to the end of the gates, and you were let further in small groups. You found your way to the entrance, where you and Matt ran inside and found yourself in a gorgeous, big stadium, with freaking many seats and a stunning stage, ready to blow your minds. You cried as Matt walked you to the floor, the area where you were supposed to be, and hugged and held you while people flooded in.

Music was playing around the stadium, and the music videos were shown on the screen and whenever a popular song or a song from a band related to the one you were going to see came on, everyone sang along, so loudly the whole place echoed. It was amazing, just perfect. And the concert hadn't even started.

The opening acts sang their songs, and finally, two hours later, the music died down and smoke started to float on the stage. The lights flickered, and the opening music you knew had played on every show on the band's tour began blasting from the speakers, causing everyone to scream. You were sure you were going to cry again, but this time, the tears just didn't come out. You were too shocked to do anything but scream so loud your throat ached and Matt had to hold you down so you wouldn't run to the stage.

The band appeared onto the stage, and their first song started to play. Everyone was singing of course, and the members of the band came quite close to the crowd, and managed to melt your heart entirely. All you could think about was that, Oh my God -- they're real.

And you knew you were up for some good fun.

///

After the concert your ears kept ringing, you could barely hear Matt, even though he was yelling, and you couldn't walk straight, even with his help, and it felt awful to know the concert was over now. Hours of the best possible music, jumping and dancing, fireworks and lights and jokes and talking and reading fan signs - it was all over now. Until next time, they said, but it seemed so distant you wanted to collapse onto your knees and cry.

Of course you were happy that it happened, and you tried to focus on that instead of swimming in sadness, but the post-concert depression was already taking you over.

Matt walked you out of the venue, through the ground covered in trash, and led you to his truck where you pressed your head against the window and sang quietly along the songs you just heard live, while crying. It was like from a movie, but you couldn't help it. Neither could Matt, and he hated it. He knew you were happy, more than ever, and that what you just experienced was literally the best thing ever, but the sadness and depression was inevitable.

And the both of you knew, that tomorrow it would be only worse.

But when Matt put you in his bed that night, as you were almost in a slumber, and he kissed your forehead before crawling next to you, you couldn't do anything but smile. Even if it was over now, and you would most likely have to wait ages before the next concert, it was still the greatest thing you had ever experienced and you were glad it was with Matt. Your best friend. And thanks to him, it happened in the first place. You were broke as hell, and you knew that Matt wasn't too rich either, so he had to work some extra shifts in the Grill to earn the money.

He was truly a special kid, and you were lucky to have him. Thanks to him, you saw your favorite band alive, and it was so cool you couldn't describe it with words.

"Thank you, Matt. Thank you so much", you said, and rolled onto your other side before pressing your face against his chest and feeling him tighten his arm around your body. No words were needed anymore, it was just you and him, there in silence until you fell asleep.

And even though you were prepared for the worst, the next day was fun. You showed the Mystic Falls gang pictures from the concert, and explained how cool and great and incredible it was, from the first song to the random stuff in the middle and from there to the wonderful ending. It was a day you would never forget, and your friends seemed to be very happy for you too, so there was no way you could feel sad about it.

Or so you thought. You really became very sad, but even then, you had Matt. You always had Matt. Even when you had nothing, you had Matt. He was your rock, and the concert was only the first of many you were going to experience with him.

///

i'm not crying lol you're crying i swear i'm not I'M NOT CRYING OKAY

"even when you had nothing, you had matt" is definitely not from "even when i had nothing i had bucky" okay i know i know i hate me too bye

so anyway i saw one direction in june and i'm still not over it ((it's not like i expect to ever be over it tho)) and i guess i put a lot of my experience into this one shot and oops tears