3 » elijah

Imagine Elijah proposing to you

Let's face it. There was nothing better in the world than being Elijah Mikaelson's girlfriend. He was no doubt the sweetest, greatest, sexiest man alive, always and forever taking care of his loved ones and being number one on that list meant nothing but good for you. Sure, being so close and important to an Original vampire meant danger and trouble sometimes, but you were never too seriously damaged or threatened, all thanks to your sweet boyfriend and his family that had grown fond of you, and also felt the need to protect the one thing their brother had finally let himself love.

You were a lucky girl in all kinds of ways. You were dating the most handsome, classy Mikaelson sibling, and the rest of his family loved you like a sister and a best friend, and your closest friends were not only the Mikaelsons, but also the Salvatores, the Gilberts, Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, Matt - the best of Mystic Falls, really. Still, your life felt like it needed something more. You felt like there was something you needed to reach utter bliss, something to perfect it all.

And you knew what it was.

Every night you and Elijah fell asleep in each other's arms, enjoying the warmth and love, after either watching a movie, or eating a neat, delicious dinner, or just plain cuddling by the fireside. Every day, you kissed each other, hugged each other, held hands and it was clear to everyone, how you were deeply in love. But still, Elijah wouldn't ask you to marry him.

He wouldn't propose to you. And you felt like you hadn't done enough, like somehow it was your fault and it hurt you deeply. What was missing? What would you have to do to get Elijah down on one knee, with a velvet box in his hands?

Your friends had noticed how you were missing the big step, and how Elijah didn't seem to pick up the clues you left him on a silver plate. On a daily basis you would comment pretty rings you saw on a magazine or point out how wedding dresses were on sale, or look at wedding related TV shows adoringly, but Elijah was either too dumb, or too unwilling to notice. And you knew Elijah wasn't a stupid man, so you were certain he just did not want to marry you.

So was he ready to let go of you, did he know that whatever you had, wasn't forever? Forever was a long time for vampires, but you were ready to vow to spend it with him. You were in love with Elijah and you wanted him to be entirely yours, but it seemed he didn't feel the same way.

His family had started to leave him hints, too. They knew you wanted marriage, and especially with him, and they agreed that Elijah could use something permanent, something that would always provide him joy and happiness even after a long day of ripping out hearts and tearing off heads. They all loved you, and they knew that if there was anyone that their brother should marry, it was you.

"'Lijah, look at this absolutely stunning dress! Don't you think it would look lovely on your Y/N?", Rebekah asked on one day, and put her finger on a white, dreamy dress and pushed the magazine to Elijah's lap, to make sure he'd see. Elijah lifted an eyebrow, and looked at Rebekah who was smiling innocently.

"Bekah, that is a wedding dress, you must realize", Elijah smiled wildly, and earned a chuckle from Klaus who was sitting beside you on another couch in their living room. You looked at Nik, and smiled at him, and he returned the gesture while the two of you kept on listening the conversation Rebekah kept up.

"Oh my, look at that, you're right. It is a wedding dress. So, when are you to wed the lovely girl here?", she continued and glanced at you. Elijah looked at you as well, and you blushed, and looked down to avoid eye contact with him. You were shy about this subject, although you wanted it, you had been talking about marriage for several weeks now, yet it didn't seem like he was interested at all.