153 » kol

well it took me a while to get this done and tbh this is kinda trash but idk i myself am trash anyway so lmao 

ThANK YOU FOR 600K READS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS IT'S BEEN ONLY LIKE 1-2 WEEKS SINCE I THANKED YOU FOR 500K AND NOW WE'RE HERE WOW I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

///

Imagine Kol compelling you to forget him so you can live a normal life but he comes back, wanting you back

 The understatement of the year: being in love with Kol Mikaelson was hard.

 You had learned the hard way, that loving an Original, and the bratty, cheeky, flirtatious one, was a hardship but you had fallen for him so deeply, thoroughly and profoundly there was no way squirming out of it. You loved all about him though, and he loved you back and therefore you were in a happy relationship but it was dangerous, no doubt of it. For Kol, you'd go through hard gray rock, do anything for him, and it worked the other way around but your life was often at risk. It wasn't just Kol's fault though, it was the consequence of living in the knowledge of your hometown being full of supernatural beings and being friends with them.

 Kol was good at keeping you safe, luckily. But he was afraid, just like everyone else, that on one day he wouldn't. And therefore, after almost a year of hot sex, loving kisses, patching each other up and being utterly in love, Kol confronted you with bad news.

 "Darling, this has to stop", he stated coldly, surprising you. You and him had just fought some nasty hybrids and your side had been torn open, and Kol gladly healed you but he couldn't always be there. One day, he wouldn't, and you'd die.

 "What has to stop? Me being injured so often? I have a simple solution to that - turn me. I want to be a vampire anyway, I can't see why you won't do it", you replied and put on a shirt before walking to Kol with confident steps. He sighed, and shook his head before placing a hand on your cheek and looking into your eyes, deeply, intensely - in a way you had seen him use before, but never on you.

 "No, Y/N. I don't think that's the way. You'd still be in danger. But I have a way you'd be safe, you could live a normal life, Y/N...", Kol mumbled and gave you an apologetic, but sincere look. You shook your head, knowing what he was talking about, and to avoid his intentions you pulled away from him and started to walk towards another room. Before you could quite reach the door, Kol sprinted in front of you and he had his hold back on you, threatening to compel you, and sadly, you knew he would.

 "I love you, darling, but I cannot see you waste your life on me. On this world that you may never be a part of. I don't want you to lose the possibility of having children, a real future, love. Forgive me, but this is for your own best, my dear Y/N", Kol apologized and placed a kiss on your forehead, softly, gently. Then, he cupped your face again and forced his gaze into your eyes, "I will leave town and when I do, you will forget about me. You won't know anything about the supernatural. You'll live a normal, happy life without me. You will only remember me if I ever come back and tell you to", compelling you for the first time in forever. A tear slipped out from the corner of his eyes as the words left his mouth so smoothly, his accent endearing as always but suddenly you didn't recognize it anymore. It didn't feel and sound as epic and thrilling as it used to.

 "Goodbye, my darling. Perhaps one day we will meet again", Kol said, and placed a kiss on your forehead before flashing out of the room, and soon, out of the town, causing all of your memories of him to wash away as well.

 Empty gaps victoriously ruled your mind now, seeing your best memories were created with Kol. He was a big part of your life but he tore that away from you - for your own safety of course, but if you only remembered what he had done, you'd give him a good old slap across the face. You were perfectly capable of surviving, but he seemed to disagree and fled town with his family. But you couldn't even be sad about it, because you had no memories with him in them. It was like he never talked to you, kissed you, held you. It was as if you never witnessed his existence.