65 » elijah

THIS IS SO SAD I'M UPSET AND SO SORRY BUT I READ SOMETHING LIKE THIS ON TUMBLR AND IT HIT ME SO HARD I HAD TO WRITE THIS OMF I'M SORRY PREPARE TO CRY ((or not maybe it's just me idk))

ANYWAY there might be something triggering so please read with caution if you're afraid it could do something to you , i love you all ahh you're so precious and amazing ((:

///

Imagine being insecure and thinking that Elijah has found someone else when he doesn't come home

Tears rolled down on your already wet cheeks, as you rocked back and forth in your bathtub, filled with soapy water. Your arms were around your legs, and your jaw set between your knees and your whole body trembling as you sobbed in utter sadness. You hated being so insecure, but quite frankly you couldn't do anything about it. You just felt that way and nothing really could take the feeling anyway. People often told you, especially your fiancé Elijah, how beautiful you were but you didn't feel beautiful. Compared to Caroline, with gorgeous blonde curls and flawless body, or Elena who was loved by everyone, or Bonnie who was so confident and stunning, you felt like a piece of trash. And you had always felt that way, and unfortunately, you were afraid that you always would.

You had been sitting in the bathtub for hours now, and the hot water had made your body numb, but you didn't want to move. You couldn't move. All you were capable of, was sitting there, swimming in sadness and hate. You felt so awful - Elijah had left to New Orleans yesterday, and he promised to come back the next day, but it was already midnight and he was nowhere to be seen. You missed him dearly, but a bigger part of you was scared that he had found a lovely young woman in New Orleans and stayed for her, or fled the country with her. He could do anything, so why not ditch his not-so-attractive fiancé for someone much sexier?

These thoughts were taking you over, and that was also the reason why there was a knife on the edge of the sink next to the bathtub. You had never hurt yourself, but you were often on the verge of it, but every time Elijah somehow managed to stop you even if he didn't know he was doing so. But now, he wasn't there, and more than you cared to admit, the thought of ending your misery had crossed your mind.

While you continued to cry your eyes out and think about what to do about the horrible feeling eating you from inside, Elijah parked his car on your driveway. You were too deep in your thoughts to hear him enter the house, or yell how he was home, while he immediately heard your crying. He walked towards your bedroom, where he stared at the open bathroom door, knowing you were there - sobbing. He bit his lower lip angrily, whoever had made you cry was going to pay. He hated hearing and seeing his baby girl be sad and miserable, and he always tried his everything to keep you happy but it was a fact that you were an insecure, sad girl.

Elijah walked to the bathroom's door, and knocked on it carefully, but before you could say or do anything, he entered the room and felt his heart break into a million pieces at the sight. There you were, a crying, shaking mess in the bathtub, and he hated it. It made his eyes to fill with tears too, but the worst part was seeing the knife, close enough for you to reach. Elijah swallowed down the disgust and fear rising, and walked to the bathtub, and then crouched and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Darling, what is it?", he asked, and quickly hid the knife from you, not wanting you to ever think about the things he knew you had now pondered on. He despised the thought of you getting hurt, and there was no way in hell he'd ever allow that.

You looked at him, and when he saw your red, puffy eyes, a sad sigh left his mouth and he, not caring about his clothes, snaked his hands under your arms and pulled you of the bathtub and onto his lap. Quietly calming you down with some lovely words, he caressed your damp hair and closed you in a soft, warm embrace. His clothes quickly turned wet, but that was not something he currently cared about.

After all, he did have tons of suits.

"Love, please", he begged, and wrapped a towel around your body, "I love you, and your body." He knew what you had been thinking about so hard. He knew you were insecure. He just never thought it would be this serious. "You are--", he began again, but you didn't allow him to finish.

"Beautiful? But I don't feel beautiful, Elijah. I hate myself. I hate the way I look. I honestly thought you left me and went with some other girl. A much hotter, prettier and greater girl than me", you whispered, proud with how clearly you got out every word although your crying never ended. You got up, and walked to the bedroom where you sat on the edge of your bed, and looked down at your trembling hands.

"H-hotter? My love, there is no one hotter than you. You are the most unbelievable woman there is, and you should always know that. We are supposed to get married, Y/N. Please believe me, when I say that I love you and only you and that is how it will always be", Elijah explained, following you until he was sitting on the bed as well. He put an arm around you, and pressed a soft kiss on the top of your head, while you continued to look down and chew on the inner side of your cheek.

"But what if on one day--", you tried, but Elijah interrupted with a chuckle.

"No buts, darling. You are amazing, and sexy and so gorgeous. Funny, and smart, but still silly and able to make me smile even on my darkest days. You bring out the best of me, and I do not know what I would do without you. I love you Y/N, and I will always be here to tell you that, every day, and every time you feel this way. I promise, you will never have to worry about losing me", Elijah smiled, and took your hand, intertwining your fingers with his.

"Promise me one thing in return", he suggested, and you looked up at him. "Do not harm yourself, sweetheart. There will never be a moment where hurting your flawless body would be the right thing to do. You are too precious to be treated that way. I saw the knife, and I know you wanted to, but please, don't. You are perfect, and you shouldn't feel the need to hurt yourself, ever", he begged, and held your jaw up with his finger. You nodded quietly, ashamed that he had seen the knife but you were happy he was there to pull you back from the dark side. He was such an angel. And you kind of wanted to feel like you didn't deserve him, but you were trying to push all those thoughts behind now. You had Elijah, and you needed to be happy about it. He wasn't going to leave you. There was no need to worry.

"I'm sorry", you mumbled, causing Elijah to chuckle once again.

"No need to apologize, princess. Just-- please, cease the sadness because seeing you so heartbroken hurts me too and if we both fall there I don't know who'll pull me back", Elijah said with an amused voice, "I doubt Niklaus would enjoy spending his oh so precious time on us."

It was your turn to laugh, and as soon as the sweet giggle left your mouth, Elijah broke into a wild, genuine smile.

"There's my baby girl. Now, let's make some tea and get you dressed", he suggested, and kissed your forehead softly.

Elijah was truly the best possible man in the whole world. And he was all yours.

///

BYEeeeEEEeEEee