193 » klaus

Imagine being the first vampire turned by Klaus, and being in love with him, and after he's spent centuries thinking you were killed by hunters, you find each other in New Orleans and he thinks you're just an illusion created by his mother to mess with his head

  "I can't sleep because of her."

  "I thought vampires don't sleep at all."

  Klaus Mikaelson lifted an eyebrow while chuckling in sole fake amusement, and gave his therapist a look of plea, as if to ask her to stop with the not-so-good jokes. Klaus rubbed his stubbled jaw and shrugged slightly, before shooting a charming grin at the blonde sitting opposite him, on the other couch while the Mikaelson had taken up the other with a bottle of bourbon he was chugging down with an impressive speed.

  "I'm a hybrid, love", Klaus pointed cockily, and earned a low chuckle. "Even if I could not sleep, I still spend my nights sweating and thinking about her and the way she died. I never got to witness it, I never got to hold her in my arms... And if I happen to fall asleep by some miracle, I see nightmares of her and they end up waking me up, and then I spend the rest of the night awake, thinking about her", he continued, and turned more sad. His grin faded and his thoughts wandered from the present to the past - specifically to the days when he lost the only woman he ever truly loved, you.

  The woman opposite him clicked her pen and put the notebook away, not bothering to write anything down. They were more than just a therapist and a patient who compelled it all away until they'd meet again. They were friends, and that was why she felt confident with putting the notes away and leaning closer to Klaus. With a careful smile, she parted her lips and spoke the few words that had turned out fatal previously, but Klaus was feeling like he needed the unloading so instead of attacking her and choking her to death, he clenched his jaw and prepared for the story he hated remembering.

  "Tell me about her."

///

  It was 1114 in Italy, the Mikaelsons had found a home and safe surroundings to live in. Elijah seemed happy, and Rebekah found love, and for once she wasn't the only one. On their second day, Niklaus met Y/N Y/L/N, you, the sweet girl with the prettiest smile he had ever seen and a golden heart which was the complete opposite to the venomous dead heart Klaus hid inside but that was what made you perfect for each other. You were so innocent and young, but still you had that sarcastic, funny and reckless side, while Klaus was just bad news and managed to lure that dark side out of you.

  It was love at first sight, though you only had your first kiss a few weeks later at a bonfire. Everyone else had left, and it was just you and Klaus by the fire, listening to the crackles and enjoying the warmth and the peace. You were wearing your favorite dress, and Klaus couldn't take his eyes off of you, and after a long, deep conversation about the big questions of life to your hidden secrets, you ended up making out on the ground. It was quite intense, and in that moment, the both of you officially knew you were in love.

  It was happy news, so you shared them with his family. Each sibling accepted you, and it was all just perfect for you until it turned out that once again, Rebekah had chosen her men terribly. The man she was going out with, Alexander, was apparently a vampire hunter and he aimed to slay the whole Mikaelson family, but when they seemed too out of their reach, he made you his target and victim. He was willing to go far to kill the Original vampires in existence, which was a secret you had gotten to hear at the bonfire, but that was also where you got to taste some of Klaus' blood during the intense making out.

  And so Alexander killed you in cold blood, slaughtered you and caused aching for the whole Mikaelson family, but most of all, to Klaus.

  "Y/N is dead! Can you not see, my foolish sister, that your Prince Charming tore the love of my life from my arms and took her innocent life away", Klaus cried on that night, and on many more. Not even the pleasure of killing the five hunters in Italy could satisfy him, and soon he had already fled the town and the whole country, only to leave behind a very confused, reborn Y/N.