68 » elijah

i was supposed to start sleeping but ://// it's almost midnight but man i really wanted to write this so here i go ((i'll have time to regret this when i wake up at 5:45))

oh and btw i just understood how messy the description of this imagine is omg ""everyone agrees that someone has to bring you back"" more like ""rebekah forces bonnie to bring you back ((because she's the bombest bitch in town y'all and klausy doesn't give a fuck bout elijah))

///

Imagine being Elijah's wife and dying in the New Orleans fire, and he ends up turning off his humanity and becomes a horrible monster so everyone agrees that someone has to bring you back to make Elijah flip his emotions back on // PART 2 of 2 //

Another body fell with a thud to it's death, and Elijah groaned in satisfaction when he tasted the delicious blood sliding down his throat, for what was close to a millionth time that day. He was thirsty, endlessly, and found no other purpose for his existence anymore except feeding, drinking and being the dark monster he had become. It was a hollow life to live for nearly a century, but he preferred it over facing his feelings - the misery that came with your death.

While his sister Rebekah did not agree at all. This was why she had taken matters to her own hands and with the help that she forced from Bonnie Bennett, brought you back to life. Luckily for her, you remembered her and immediately pulled her into a hug, thanking her for what she had done just for you. And after she had explained the situation, you promised to help her to get Elijah back. After all, she was your husband.

What kind of a wife would you be if you let him live like that?

"Elijah was seen in Mystic Falls last night. Something tells me we can find him here tonight, as well. Before we get to it, I believe I should fill you in with what the world is up to nowadays", Rebekah explained. It was a lot to take in, but eventually you got the hang of Twitter and other social media, modern slang, ways to dress up and other relevant things to not be scared of. For someone who had just woken up from decades of death, Rebekah had learned the mysteries of today's world quite well, and so did you.

The two of you were a real dream team.

In the evening, Rebekah turned out to be right, and you found Elijah feeding on a young woman, tearing apart her flesh on an alley behind a small bar. Under the neon light signs, you witnessed Elijah's dark side - it was something you had never seen before so it managed to both interest and scare you. It was quite fascinating and alluring, but you knew why you were there so you swallowed thickly, and built up your strength, mentally prepared yourself to do this.

You handled the situation nicely, even though you didn't say anything for the first five minutes. You were seeing your husband for the first time in almost a century, and you hadn't cried at all yet, but concluding from the burning in your eyes, it was near. But you had to stay strong and not turn into an emotional wreck, you had to find the lost light inside Elijah and bring him back.

"Elijah", you spoke, your voice gentle and warm. It made the man of your dreams let go of the random girl he was feeding on, and as she dropped to his feet, he turned to look at who was speaking. His hair was disheveled, and his mouth surrounded by stains of blood, and his fangs slowly pulled back in and his eyes returned to normal. You held back tears, as you saw something in Elijah click back, and looked at him stumble towards you. Your body shivered, a part of you wanted to take a scared step back but a bigger part won and you stayed on the spot, allowing Elijah to reach you.

And when he did, he fell on his knees, and placed his hands on your waist, pressing his head against your stomach, silently praying for your help. You weakly smiled - he recognized you, and it seemed like it was enough to make him flip the switch.

"Are you real?", Elijah whispered while you pushed your fingers through his soft hair and held him. You nodded, while tears slid down on your cold skin, and dropped onto your shirt, creating a moist spot.

"I am. Do not worry, 'Lijah, all will be fine. I love you. 'Til death do us part, remember?", you quietly answered, causing Elijah, who was still burying his head in your clothes, to chuckle.

"Yeah", he began, "I believe we're far past that by now, my love", succeeding on making you chuckle too. You went on your knees, and cupped Elijah's face, stained with tears and blood. "How are you here?", he breathed out, and gazed into your eyes with the fondness and love you could remember. You smiled, and glanced at Rebekah who was standing behind you, crying as well.

"Bekah and some young, kind witch revived me. You should thank your sister, she is the sole reason I am here now", you whispered. Elijah gave a grateful look to Rebekah, before looking back at you and letting his forehead fall against yours. With your thumbs, you wiped Elijah's eyes only for them to fill with new tears. You could not imagine the guilt he was feeling. The hate. He was a good man, but had drifted onto a dark path and you knew how much he despised himself for doing so.

"I was pathetic. I shouldn't have-- I... How many-- How many people did I--?", Elijah stuttered, not capable of dealing with it. Your heart sank, and you shook your head, not wanting him to think about all that.

"Don't do that to yourself, Elijah. Focus on one feeling. It'll win the others. I know it hurts, but believe me, one day you will wake and all will be well. You will no longer feel so broken. And I promise, I will be with you, fixing you. Taking care of you", you insisted, and caressed his soft cheek. Elijah chuckled, but turned into more crying - he was a mess and he hated it. But he knew he would feel better eventually, even if at the moment he wasn't capable of understanding it. Trembling, sobbing, panting in distress, Elijah tried to focus on one feeling like you suggested but he had no clue how to do it. He was like a lost puppy.

You, finding no other options, pressed your lips onto his. It was breathtaking - your first kiss since 1919 and god, how it blew Elijah's dead heart to pieces. His mind finally calmed down, he relaxed and eased into the kiss, and the both of you closed your eyes, enjoying the feeling of pure love. It was passionate, but fond and innocent. Perfect.

"I love you, Y/N. I have missed you dearly. I love you", Elijah muttered, and let you hold him in a warm embrace. His body stayed on yours as you caressed his hair and comforted him, closed him in a soft hug and repeatedly kissed the top of his head.

"I love you too. We'll get through this. Together", you replied. And he knew you were right, as he fell asleep on your lap.

There you were then, the epic lovers, on an alley behind a bar, cuddling, reunited after nearly a century.

///

i'm dead omg wbu
no what kind of a question is that you just came back from the dead bruh
haHAHA I THINK I'M SO FUNNY

i have to wake up for school in less than six hours bro no thaNKS

good night guys ily ((in case you didn't know that already even tho i just threw away three hours of sleep just for you but you know it's whatever))