142 » alaric

i think i changed the request a bit but the main thought still remains there so,, hope it's all cool

also i think this is my first alaric imagine and i honestly have no idea why it took me this long to get one done, but i loved this, i loved writing about him and i promise that i'll make more when i get the chance !! 

///

Imagine being close with Alaric and getting sad and upset when Jenna comes back to life and you think you'll lose him to her

 For the past two months, you and Alaric Saltzman had grown close. Very close. In fact, you were expecting and dreaming a happy future with him in it, including lots of hugs, kisses and love. He seemed to like you too, and you had nearly kissed but your common friend Damon always seemed to have the worst timings. You and Alaric obviously had some kind of feelings for each other, but somehow you were never capable of admitting them or freeing them and living in the utter bliss of being in love, with each other, together.

 But there was the undeniable truth that you both enjoyed the company the other could offer, whether it was with Damon tagging along or not. Alaric amused you with his jokes and comments, while you delighted and charmed him with your smile, laugh and rambling about topics you were passionate about. There were evident sparks between you, waiting to be ignited, and you often seemed to have the match in hand but Damon flattened the mood easily. You loved his and Alaric's friendship, and being a part of it, but your heart craved for a deeper relationship with Ric.

 Because you knew well that in one moment, you and him could laugh, have fun, love each other without saying it, but in another you could lose him. Or he could lose you. And you weren't wrong - in Mystic Falls, everything was possible so when Elena ran to you with happy news, you weren't surprised, but disappointed for sure, amongst with several other emotions. You and Alaric were sitting in Mystic Grill, your fingers intertwined, another moment nearly gone right but it slipped from you when Elena indeed stormed into the hangout and straight to you.

 "Ric! Y/N!", she called out, and Alaric cleared his throat while pulling his hand away from yours. Sure, there was a few awkward moments here or there because after all, you were Elena's friend, and in love with his guardian and teacher. But you had learned to accept the age difference, though you were certain that Alaric had not.

 "What's up, Elena?", you asked, putting a fake smile but luckily she couldn't see through. She looked so enthusiastic and happy, she had no time to notice your negativity which was utterly all you felt towards her right now. When Damon wasn't there to interrupt, someone else had to be and now it just happened to be Elena. And after hearing what she'd have to say, you would have preferred a million Damons.

 "Jenna's back", she breathed out, shattering your heart with only those two words, "it's a long story, but she's back. She's home right now", while her smile spread out only more. You knew that Alaric used to love Jenna, a lot, and therefore your heart broke - it was obvious that now he would fall for her all over again. Everything that you thought you had with Alaric, gone, just like that. Your eyes turned blurry and you couldn't hear anymore, you just wanted to faint and let go of the moment, you didn't want to be there, you didn't want to live in it. You didn't want to witness that happy, thrilled smile on Alaric's lips but you did.

 "Sorry, Y/N, I'll make this up to you, but I have to go", he said and then ran out of the Grill. You bit your lip, wanting to cry but to save yourself from public humiliation, you stayed strong and got up to leave, but not to the Gilbert house. You wanted to go home, and never come out of the door again. You were already embarrassed though, you had such high expectations of your relationship with Alaric but obviously one of his dead ex-girlfriends had to come back. That was just your luck.