4 » matt

/// READ THIS PLEASE ! so i think many of you didn't read the author's note in the ending of my last chapter so i'm gonna repeat my question(s) now. would you guys like it if i did one of those 'would you rather' things ? also, another special chapter i have in mind would be a q & a, if you have any questions for me... feel free to send me some in the comment section or message me ! i won't do it if i only receive a few questions though, that would be stupid ! haha (:

thank you for 2.6K reads, you're too preciousssss !

Imagine being a vampire and always saving your best friend Matt when he's in trouble

Being a vampire was, in your opinion, the best thing ever. Turning into one was the greatest thing that had ever happened to you, and you were also good at it. Not many understood that vampirism required some skills too, like control, common sense and what not. As free as a vampire's life could be, a vampire who risked their own life just to have fun and was more reckless than was smart, was a bad vampire. A good vampire was one that might kill and do wrong, but at least would take care of it and not leave a mess behind.

You had never went off the rails, partly because you were smart enough to take care of yourself, partly because Stefan had told you horror stories about being a humanity-free killer vampire. You were better than most newbie vampires. But after two years, you couldn't called a newbie anymore. You were loving the vampire life, and one of the many many perks was the fact that you could pretty much always save your friends.

Unless you were standing up against Klaus Mikaelson, but that had never happened and with him in New Orleans, you didn't think you would ever have to come to that. But just because Klaus was away, it didn't mean Mystic Falls was free from enemies. The list of bad guys was endless, and you had to always be protecting your closest friends but it was worth the while, really. You didn't mind snapping a few necks or removing a couple of hearts which took only seconds, but losing a friend could mean years of sorrowing and possibly, turning off your emotions which was something you had vowed to never do.

Especially Matt Donovan had a tendency to get his ass in serious trouble, mostly to fatal dangers and deathly people he was like a magnet. He was always on the verge of death, so often that if you ever had a bit of boredom, you could just go out for a walk and expect to find Matt getting beaten up. Though with the magical ring that had been given to him, he would always come back to life if a supernatural being caused his death. Nonetheless, you cared about him, after all he was your best friend and if you had the chance to save his life, you did. He had been with your through thick and thin ever since you were on fourth grade, so you definitely didn't mind protecting him.

Without him, with who would you watch Netflix, gossip and laugh until your stomach aches?

On one very ordinary dark Wednesday, you were sipping on a drink in Mystic Grill. You were waiting for Matt to come to work, he had the last four hours before the hangout would close down for the night but he was already thirty minutes late. You were using your inhuman hearing to listen to the conversation two of his co-workers were having, about him being a jerk for being late on this very night, when they were both supposed to be somewhere. You listened to them call Matt names and complain about his timing, while he stayed absent to the situation, which worried you.

Matt was never late, not like this at least. He was a very responsible, nice guy, and the fact that you hadn't heard anything from him since the morning concerned you. Him forgetting how you two were supposed to meet would be normal, he had his mind full with supernatural stuff, but he was never late for work. So why now?

You put down the drink and threw some money on the counter before sprinting out of the Grill into the dark night. You listened to the surroundings, but it seemed awfully quiet everywhere, which put a grimace on your face. You moved around the town, and suddenly, you heard a groan, and another. You went closer and quickly recognized Matt's voice from the mess of noises, which was enough for you to make your way to the dark alley where you found him.

You groaned at the sight of your best friend breathing in and out heavily while leaning against a wall and holding his stomach in pain, as blood dripped from his lower lip which had a mean cut on it. You gave him a disapproving look, before turning your gaze to the two men, both in dark clothes and guns in their hands.

"Boys, please. Leave the poor guy alone. If you're trying to rob him...", you started and laughed, "I guarantee he isn't worth your while." Both of the tall guys turned to look at you, and one of them pointed their gun at you. The thought of them trying to steal money from Matt amused you. He was struggling, really, and his job at Mystic Grill gave him just enough money to buy some food and necessary stuff. Sometimes you gave him, or more like compelled him some money, but it was certain that he wasn't someone who should be robbed on a dark alley.

"Babe, don't try to act tough. You don't scare us. Fuck off, we're in the middle of something here", the guy with the gun pointed at you stated, making you chuckle and flash to him in less than a blink of an eye. You grabbed him from his neck, causing him to drop his gun and whine because of your tight hold.

"I don't have to act tough. I am tough", you said and threw the man into the wall. You watched him drop to the ground, before turning to the smaller guy who was trembling with fear, but still bravely held his gun up and towards you.

Then he launched a bullet to you, and you watched it approach you but you quickly caught it and held it up between your fingers. You rolled your eyes and gave the shaky man a disappointed look, before taking a few steps towards him and placing the bullet on his shoulder. He locked eyes with you, and you flashed him an evil smile before starting to push the bullet into his flesh. He moaned out in pain and tried to grab his shoulder automatically, but you quickly took his wrist and held it while continuing to bury the bullet in him.

"I hope this teaches you to stay away from sweet innocent people. My friends, especially", you snapped and smiled when you felt the bullet leave your finger after making it's way into the flesh. "You should get that checked out", you pointed out and smirked as he started to run away from you, just like the other guy, while holding his shoulder. They quickly escaped from the situation, and you giggled.

"Yeah you better run!", you yelled to scare them off completely. Only then you looked at Matt, who was looking at you in amusement, and in slight pride. He thanked you, and panted heavily while letting go of his stomach which was bleeding slightly. You grimaced at the nasty wound peeking out from his ripped flannel, and grabbed him from his shoulder gently.

"You need help. And with help, I mean my blood", you told him, and nipped on your wrist enough to make blood drip from there. You pushed it on Matt's mouth and forced him to suck on it, enough to heal him, and when it seemed like he was okay, you dropped him and started to walk towards Mystic Grill.

"You're late. Your fellow workers are pretty mad. You have some explaining to do. Especially if you say you just got mugged but you don't have any marks to prove it", you said and poked his cheek playfully, and the grin on your face matching your mood. Matt chuckled, and thanked you one more time, to which you replied by laughing.

"I can't believe you got mugged!", you giggled, and slapped his shoulder gently, making him break into a smile which caused you to do the same. "Are you alright?", you continued, and gave him a fond look. You really did care about Matt, and you wanted him to be fine, always.

"I'm fine. Thanks", Matt said, and kissed your cheek before saying his goodbyes and running to the Grill where you were sure he would get lectured long and well.

It was an ordinary Wednesday, yes, but you wouldn't want it differently. You had someone to look after, someone to love and care about, and because of that very same person, you got to kick some ass and enjoy the badass life for good purposes. Everything was perfectly fine.

///

I LOVE MATT OH GOD he's soso precious bye