Chapter 43

What's wrong baby girl? Murda asked as he came into the kitchen.

Nothing...

Yes it is! You got that look in your face!

What look?

The look that something is wrong so what's wrong?

I'm just annoyed that my plans are getting set back even more.

For what?

The boys club! It was suppose to be up and finished and ready to go this summer. I had a meeting and they said that the loved the idea and want to move on with the process but the building I found I put half the money down on it and the rest I was gonna put down on it to buy was stolen when they robbed me. So now that I don't have the rest of the money they are trying to refund me my other half and sale the building because people are asking for it and ready to pay in full. Than the money that I'm currently saving was suppose to be for renovations and stuff.

How much more you need to buy it out and how much for renovations?

$59,000 and about $30,000 for renovations.

That's it?

Yeah I tried to keep myself on a budget.

I'll grab it tonight.

Grab what?

The money for you!

Bae no I couldn't!

You can and you will! If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be here right now, you would of had your money.

Let's not play the blame game anymore.

I'm dead ass though! Plus I think what your doing is amazing. I know I say that shit all the time but I be dead ass. And on top of that I'm yo man whatever you need or whatever you lack i got it I'm suppose to pick up!

Have I ever told you, your amazing?!

Nah I wouldn't say all that. I just love seeing good things happening to those who deserve it and you deserve it. What it look like you man a whole drug lord always pushing bricks and you ain't got money for whatever you wanna do. I rather spend that 90K on you and invest in you. Fuck ima do save it buy some bullshit more house more cars! But that's more maintenance and bullshit I gotta keep up with. Them kids deserve it and especially you. So I got you!

Thank you baby! I smiled so hard getting up to hug him. "You deserve all that comes to you!" I smiled and he actually felt like he was apart of something for once.

You welcome, what you cooking for dinner?

I don't know what you want?

Whatever you make I'm cool with I love your cooking.

Oh I can tell! I laughed sitting back down. "I really really gotta taste for some spicy chicken Alfredo!"

Ight yeah bet make that!

Okay let me order the stuff on instacart now!

I gotta go finish some shit than I'll be home just text me when you cooking and I'll be back.

Okay! He leaned in to kiss me twice and made his way out the door. Shortly after he left I heard a knock at the back door. I went to go open it and I was met with a man I almost didn't recognize.

His hair was freshly cut. His face was clear, he had nice white teeth, a strong growing beard, weight in him that looked really nice to the point he actually filled his clothes. Nice new clothes on, clean shoes. "Dad?" I asked in shock.

Hi BaeBae! He smiled. I wrapped my arms around my dad neck hugging him so tight. The smell of fresh clothes and cologne hit my nose instead of alcohol.

Oh my god dad! You look amazing! I smiled hard.

Thank you! I wanted to surprise you! I told you I was getting clean and I ment it Destiny! He said with tears in his eyes.

I am so proud of you! I love you dad! I hugged him tighter. After the incident with my dad and murder he left to go to rehab that was almost a year ago. I was so caught up in my own things in life I forgot about my dad actually. I was just so mad and annoyed with him at the time I didn't pay it attention that he had left.

Thank you it means a lot to hear you say that. I been clean for 10 months. I started working out and got healthy. I got a job! And I been saving!

He pulled a check out his pocket with tears in his eyes. "I said I was gone pay you back and I ment it! Thank you Destiny! You saved my life!" He said handing me the check. It was a check for $8,000. I started crying because I never thought this moment would come. I'm so proud of my dad and just in time to meet his first and only grandchild soon.

I love you dad, and I'm proud of you so for that I can't take this! I gave him the check back smiling.

Please Destiny you have to.

No dad you earned your money! You deserved this! I hugged him again and he smiled. I wiped his tears. This was one of the best moments of my life.