199

"Hey where are you?" I answered. "Is this Rose Turner?" I heard a male voice. "Yes it is. Who is this?" I asked worried.

"Why are you calling off my mom's phone?" I asked. "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this. Your mother was in a fatal car crash about 10 minutes ago." The guy told me and my heart dropped.

"She was in a head on collision and the car was going so fast. She died on impact" he told my and I put a hand to my chest and breathed out. "Your lying. Where is she?" I asked him and blinked and tears fell down my face.

"I'm so sorry. The crash happened on the corner of 6th and Hop street" he told me and I hung up and ran to my car. I got in and drove over there.

There were police and ambulances everywhere. People were scattered and looking. I jumped out of my car and I ran. "Mom!" I yelled and I pushed through every one. "I'm sorry ma'am this is a closed crime scene. "Shes my mom" I sobbed and his face fell.

"Shes-" "I dont care let me see her!" I demanded and the cop looked at the people and I ran past him to my moms car. It was trashed. Dented and flipped over. I looked in and saw blood everywhere.

"Oh my-" I covered my mouth and held my stomach. "Ma'am this is not for the public eye. I'm gonna have to ask you-" I stopped the officer and I threw up on the ground. "I need a medic over here!" He yelled and some one ran over and helped me sit in the back of an ambulance.

"Shes my mom" I cried as a cop stood there. "We know this is a very trying time and-" "Officer Ferris" I heard some one call and Officer Anderson ran up. "I'll talk to her" Anderson said to the other cop. Ferris nodded and he walked off.

"What happened?" He asked me. "My mom. Shes. She-" "I know. What happened before this?" He asked me and I hiccuped. "I called to see if. If she wanted t-to have lunch" I sniffed and studdered.

"She said yes. She was running late. Like 2 hours late. I got worried left the restaurant and I. I-I got a ca-call" I started to get worked up again and I looked behind him. "Ms. Turner. Its gonna be ok. We caught the guy who did it" he told me and I sniffed.

"Was it on purpose?" I asked him and he sighed and looked at the ground. "Who. Who hit her? Are they- Are-Are they" I stopped and started to breath heavy and more tears rolled down my face.

"We do have him. It was a gentleman a little older than 50." He told me and I sniffed. "We have him in custody." Anderson told me. "Was it on purpose?" I asked him  again and he sighed once more.

"I wanna talk to him" I spoke and stood up. "Ms. Turner I dont think that's a good idea" Anderson shook his head. "Please. Officer. My life has come to a stop. I'm always looking over my shoulder the one time I try and leave my house my mother-" I stopped and more tears fell from my eyes.

I shook my head and put my hand over my mouth. "Alright Ms. Turner. It's ok. I'll let you talk to him, but I have to be there." He told me and I looked up at him and nodded. "Of course of course. Thank you" I stood up and he smiled lightly.

"Is there someone we can call for you. I cant let you drive home" he told me and I shook my head. "What about. What about my m- my mom?" I asked and looked around.

"She is being transferred to the funeral home on the other side of town. I've already made an appointment for you" he told me and I nodded as more tears flowed from my eyes.

"Shes. She go-" I shook my head and he walked up and hugged me. "Its going to be ok Ms. Turner. All of this will be over soon" he told me and rubbed my back as I cried into his chest. I sobbed and I couldnt stop. People started to stare but I didnt care.