102

"This is crazy" I heard Matt say and when I looked over at him he was in awe just looking around. "Yes it is, where are the others?" I asked and we both looked around.

"I dont know" he spoke looking around and I saw some art that looked interesting. I started to pull Matt in the direction of the painting and he came along right in step with me. "What are we doing?" He laughed as I kept walking.

"Look" I told him and he looked at the painting I was referring to. "Its beautiful" he nodded and I smiled and laughed. The painting wasnt anything big, but I loved to look at it. I had just the right amount of color mixed with black and white.

"Do you like this one?" He asked me and I nodded. "I'm pretty sure I could look at it for hours. It is really pretty" I nodded.

"Thank you" I heard a womans voice behind me and I jumped and looked back at her. "You painted this?" I asked her and she smiled and nodded. "Its so lovely. I wish I could take it home" I told her and looked at it again. "You can" she told me and I looked back at her. "Really?" I asked hopfully and she laughed lightly and nodded.

"How much?" I asked and started to pull out my wallet. "Nothing. Its yours" she smiled and she walked up to it and took it off the wall. "After dancing meet me in the room right over there. I'll be there and I'll give it to you" she told me and I smiled and she nodded.

She walked off with the painting and I turned to Matt. "That was amazing" I shook his arm and he smiled. "It was a nice choice. I dont know why she gave it away so easily" he said and looked over his shoulder, but she was gone.

I shrugged and saw Lexi and Cameron standing in the corner like the anti-social butterflies they are. I started to walk again and Matt walked with me with our arms still linked.

"You see another one?" He asked and I shook my head. I walked up to Cam and Lexi and they both smiled at me. "You guys have to walk around and look at the art" I told them and they both looked around. "Its pretty nice in the corner, we were playing Fortnite mobile a little while ago" Cameron told me and I shook my head.

"I got a piece of art" i told them. "You stole one?" Lexi asked and I shook my head. "No the artist gave it to me. She saw how much I liked it so she gave it to me. I'm going to pick it up after the night is over" I spoke and got more excited.

"How much did you pay though? I bet she over charged you" Cameron told me and I shook my head. "Nope she just gave it to me" I smiled and they both nodded. "Can you see any of the other guys" I asked Cameron and he stood up straight and looked around.

"I saw a couple of them walking around and looking at the art" Lexi told me then I heard the tink of a glass. I heard the noise two more times and some guy was in the middle of the room.

"Dinner will be served is 20 minutes, please look at the art for a few more minutes then find your seats in the dining hall" he spoke and then walked away. "You wanna go sit?" Cam asked Lexi and she smiled and nodded.

"Can we look at the rest of the art?" Matt asked me and I nodded. "I would love too" I told him and we started to walk around, weaving in and out of people as we stopped to look at the art. We were the last ones in the art room, as they started to take the paintings down and store them away.

"Sir Ma'am. Please go take your seats dinner will be served any minute" I heard a man say and we both nodded and walked to the dining room. Matt and I found our table with the rest of our friends and sat down. Mason on my left and Matt on my right and Lexi sat beside him who sat next to Cameron.

I looked around the table and then the waiters started to bring out the food and some one stepped up on stage. "We are so delighted to have you all with us tonight" the man started as he stepped up to the mic.

"We would appreciate it if you could show us your gratitude as well and place a donation in the box as you leave" he told us and Mason leaned over to me. "The ain't gettin one cent outta me" be whispered and I giggled a bit.

"Now please enjoy the food and the live entertainment" the man finished and we all clapped and he left. We all started to eat and talk and some singers came out on the stage. "Hows your food?" Matt asked me and I looked over at his plate.

Everyone was eating the same thing, but it was still good. "Its good. Yours?" I asked and he smiled. "I'll give you a bite of mine if you give me a bite of yours" he chuckled and we switched plates, and took a bite of each others food then switched back. "Very good. Yours is definitely better" he told me and I smiled.

"I never got to thank you" he told me and I looked over at him. "For what?" I asked and ate my food. "For this" he gestured to the room. "Stop" I told him and he shook his head. "You absolutely did not have to take me but you did" he told me and I nodded.

"Well I think were close enough friends now that I can say I'm having a great time and I'm glad I brought you as my date" I told him and we both smiled. The bell rang and it was the last course of the meal. Dessert.

The waiters placed the same cake in front of everyone. I was glad that we were all dressed up and nice and that we got to do this every once in a while. We all ate our food and the singing stopped and the man came back up.