155

"Remember to get there just a little bit early. One of my guys will be there" He spoke as I walked over to the door. "Thank you" I nodded and he nodded back and I walked out and back to my car. "Almost painless" I told my self as I was in my car.

I drove back home and Ryan was sitting on the couch with Cam and Jay. "Hey" I spoke and walked over. They were all on there phone and they looked up at me. "How is Eric?" I asked as I sat. "We talked to him a couple minutes ago. He said for you to call him" Cameron looked at me.

"What happened?" I asked them and got my phone out. "All he said was he needed to talk to you" Cameron told me and shrugged. I dialed Eric's number and I walked outside and it rang. After the second ring the phone did a noise and I heard sniffs. "Eric?" I asked worried. "Its cancer" I heard Eric cry.

I heard his sob over the phone and I was quiet for a moment. "Stage 3 fucking cancer" He yelled and he cried more. "Eric" I spoke softly. "Rose I cant" He told me. "I cant lose her. I wont be able to do it" He cried and I closed my eyes. "Where are you?" I asked him and his breathing was kind of heavy.

"Im uumm. outside my house" He told me and he sniffed and made noises. "Its gonna be ok Eric. Everything will turn out fine" I assured him. "Can you promise me that? Are you a doctor?" He snapped. "Eric" I said a little bit hurt. "Im sorry" He apologized and I heard him sigh.

"I'm worried. I'm here with my dad and sister and there freaked out too" He started to breath again. "They will help you. You mom is gonna be ok" I told him and he hummed. "Im really sorry Eric" I spoke quietly and I heard him whimper and sniff again as i'm sure he started to cry. He was quiet as he took in a big deep breath.

"Its ok" He breathed out and I sighed in relief. "You can always call me" I told him. "Thanks Rose" He sniffed and the line went dead and I brought my phone to the front of my face and clicked it off after hanging up.

I walked back in the house and it was close to noon. I sat on the couch with the others. "Is he ok?" Ryan asked me and I looked at him for a second then I shook my head. "Damn" Cam shook his head. A little bit past and I stood up.

"I think I'm gonna head to bed. I've gotta go to the court house tomorrow" I told them and they all nodded. "Good night" they all spoke and I started up the steps. "Night" I called back and went in to my room. I walked in to my room and I laid in bed and shut my eyes.

-

I woke up, but kept my eyes shut. I sighed as I laid in my bed. I knew today was the day. I would have to see him again, and I was pissed. I grunted as I pulled my self out of bed. It was around 11 and the court house was 30 minutes away with bad traffic.

I hopped in the shower and when I was done I walked in my closet. I put on nice pants and a nice shirt. I walked to the door with my stuff and checked the time. 2:28. I walked down the stairs and I saw Cam on the couch along with Ryan.

"Hey" I spoke as I stepped off the last stair. ""Hey" They both smiled at me and I walked over to them and they kept looking at me. "You don't have to go alone" Cam spoke and I took a deep breath. "I do" I nodded. "Ill be back. I don't know when" I shrugged. "Text us when they let you go" Ryan spoke and I nodded.

I walked out the door and I got into my car. I started to drive and I got to the court house in about 20 minutes. I parked and I picked up my phone. I clicked on Eric contact and texted him. 

Me: Hey :)

Knight💙: Hi

Me: Hows your mom?

Knight💙: They are running some tests and they gave her some stuff. 

Knight💙: As far as we know its breast cancer and that's it. The tests will tell us if it in more places. My dad and I are hopeful though. 

Me: I hope shes ok. I really love your mom. 

Knight💙: Us to lol

My fingers hovered over the key board and I didnt know what to say. I clicked my phone off and I got out of my car. I walked up some big steps and I saw a cop standing there looking at me with a soft smile. "You must be Mrs. Turner" He smiled and held out his hand.

"Rose, please" I shook his hand and smiled. "Alright. Im officer Collins. Ill be with you today to make sure everything goes as planned" He told me and I smiled and nodded. We walked in and there were a bunch of people rushing around. He led me in to a court room that was mostly empty.

We sat in the back row and some people started to fill in. "What do I do if they call me up?" I turned to him nervously. "You stand and you walk up there to that little box where the chair is" He pointed and I nodded.

The room was big. Lots of seats and then a little wall and two tables. A place for the jury and a place for the judge. "I doubt they will call you up" He said and I nodded and breathed. "All we have to do is sit" He spoke again and I nodded.

Some other cops started to file in and some other people. A woman in a black gown sat at the judges table and she looked at the desk and shuffled around some papers.