171

"What did you do?" I asked him. "Nothing" he jumped and I pulled on the door handle and it was locked.

"You locked the keys in the car?" I asked and he looked down. "I might have" he crossed his arms. "Where not leaving are we?" Toby asked and walked over to us.

"Cameron did an oopise" I smiled and Toby looked at him. "What did you do?" Toby asked. "He locked the keys in the car" I smiled and Cam looked down.

"I do it all the time. We can just call some one" Toby shrugged and I laughed. "Its not funny" Cameron glared at me. "He locked all the phones in the car too" I laughed again. "Jesus christ" Toby shook his head.

"I'm going to swim" I told them and skipped off. "Rose wait" Cameron called but I was in the sand weaving in and out of people. I sat down where the ocean met the sand and I let the waves lap against me.

I heard kids playing and laughing. The seagulls and the waves. I smelled the ocean and I leaned my head back and enjoyed it. I dont know how long I sat there but when I looked up everyone was still there. I smiled and I put my feet in the wet sand and drew in it with my finger.

"Rose" I heard Jay and I looked over and he sat beside me and Mason sat on the other side. "Hi boys" I smiled. "Enjoying your self" Mason asked and I nodded. "I am actually. I'm glad you guys dragged me out here" I nodded and they smiled.

"Well weve gotta cut it short. Cameron-" "locked the keys in the car" I finished and he nodded. "Yea I saw him do it" I laughed. Ryan used a stranger's phone and called Sam to bring us a spare key" Jay spoke again and I nodded.

"That's good. Tell me when they get here. I wanna sit here" I told them and closed my eyes again. "But Rose we-" "Mason" Jay cut him off. "You just sit and relax. We'll come get you later" Jay spoke and I heard both of them get up and leave.

I sat there and felt the waves and the hot air on my skin. I was happy. For the moment. But I still wanted him. Luke. I opened my eyes and I stood up and tried not to think about him.

I saw the guys all standing around the car talking and I walked down the beach. My feet in the water and I looked around. "Hey ms." I heard a kid call and I looked over and saw a little girl playing in the sand and building and sand castle.

"Becca" a woman spoke mortified. "But mom" the girl spoke. "Its for a project" she frowned. "I am so sorry about her" the woman told me and sat up. "Its no problem. Whatcha need kiddo?" I asked.

"You really dont have to" her mom told me. "Its fine" I smiled and put my hands on my knees to face the little girl. "Will you fill this with water and bring it back" the girl held up a pale and I smiled.

"Sure" I laughed and she handed it to me. I walked to the water and filled the pale up and walked back. I set it down beside her and she smiled. "I'm Becca" she smiled. "Rose" I nodded.

"That's a pretty name. I wish I was named after a flower" her eyes lit up and I smiled. "I dont know. Becca is a pretty good name. All the Beccas I know are smart and beautiful" I told her and I saw her mother smile.

"You wanna build a sand castle with me" she asked innocently and held up a handful of sand. "Sounds fun" I told her and sat down. "What kind of castle?" I asked her and she was digging a small hole.

"I'm making the pool right now. You can built if you want" she told me and started to hand me pales and shovels made of plastic. I started to fill them up and I packed it in and then set it on the flat surface that she had.

"Wow" her eyes lit up as she looked at what I was doing. "You wanna try?" I asked and she nodded. "How old are you?" She asked me. "Becca that's rude" her mother told her and she glanced at me and I shook my head.

"Almost 24. My birthday is next month" I told her. "I'm 8. My birthday was in May" she smiled. "Well happy late birthday" I told her and she smiled. We played in the sand and built some more stuff.

"Becca it's time to go" her mother spoke. "But mom" she wined. "No buts. Come on" her mom stood up and grabbed there bags. "I'll guard the castel" I told her as she stood up and dusted her self off.

"My mom says to never get to attached because at the end of the day its gonna wash away any way. So we can start all over tomorrow" he told me and I smiled. "Your mom is pretty smart" I told her and she nodded.

"Here you go" I told her and gave her a small shovel and a plastic castle. "You can have it. In case you wanna build somthing when you come back" she smiled. "That's very nice Becca. What do we say since she helped you" her mother asked and she smiled at me.

"Thanks for helping me build Rose." She told me and I nodded and my chest tightened. "Thank you for letting me" I told her and nodded. "Thank you" her mother nodded and smiled warmly and I smiled.

They turned and started to walk away and Becca turned around. "Happy birthday!" She called and waved. I waved back and I felt a tear fall down my face. I looked at the castle and smiled as more tears fell. "Rose what's wrong?" I heard Toby's voice.

"I was building a sand castle with a little girl and she gave me her toys" I looked up at him and more tears fell. "Aww. How cute" he told me and I nodded and sniffed. "Rose" he spoke and I stood up. "I think I started my period" I frowned and wiped my face.

"Jesus. Woman" he chuckled and handed me a towel. I wrapped it around my self and we walked back to the car where Sam was standing. "We were looking-" Cameron started then stopped as Toby shook his head. "Home?" I asked them and they all nodded.