23

"Fuck" Msaon yelled. "I forgot my phone at home. Can I have yours?" He asked me and I handed it back to him. I had a whole folder of games labeled, Mason. He grabbed it like the needy child he is and started to play games on it.

Brandon and I were talking about his stupid ex when Mason interrupted us. "Ooo Luke texted yea" he smiled and I tried to reach back for it. "Brandon grab that" I demanded. Brandon reached back and I heard Mason sigh. "He said I'm off work are you sure you dont wanna hang? We can order pizza" Brandon read and I shook my head. "Why?" Mason asked and leaned forward.

"I'm hanging out with you guys" I shrugged. "You should go" Brandon told me and I shook my head again. "This is your last day. I have to take you back tomorrow. I wanna spend time with you" I smiled and he tilted his head at me.

"Your turning down your boy friend for me? I'm an asshole" he shrugged. "He wants you to come over. And hes got pizza" Mason spoke. "You should go over there." He said once more. "I dont wanna" I shouted and they were both quiet.

I grabbed my phone and put it back in my pocket. We got to DQ and I ordered all the icecream and handed Mason his and told Brandon to hold the rest while I checked to make sure they were right. We were quiet on the way home because I didnt want to talk about it.

"Rose?" Brandon asked and I didnt look at him. "What?" I snapped and he hit me. "Ok I'm sorry." I rolled my eyes. "What happened? You were fine one minute and not fine the next." He told me and I shrugged. "I'm fine" I took a deep breath. "What happen with you and Luke?" He asked and I shook my head. "Nothing!" I said frustrated. "Shes definitely hiding somthing" Mason said and I glared at him through the mirror.

We pulled up to the house and walked in side. "Rose just tell-" "if it's that goddamn important I'll leave so you can suck everyone's dick" I yelled at Brandon and he blushed. "Rose I-" he studdered and I looked at the other guys who were looking at us.

I turned around and Mason was eating his ice cream. I walked around him and slammed the door. I ran to my car and started it and drove down the road. I kept driving until I came across my second favorite bar. My favorite was on the other side of town where my friend Nancy lives. I got out of my car and walked in. There wasnt many people in there, and thays how I liked it.

I sat down and Dan the bartender put my usual drink in front of me. "What's going on today? You havent come in here in a while. Did you find a new second favorite bar?" He chuckled and poured a beer for the guy on the end. "If you must know" I stopped and took a sip of my drink. "I have a new boyfriend. Luke. Thats his name" I took another drink and Dan seemed to be intrigued.

"You finally drop that douche bag Tyler?" He asked and I nodded as he started to pour me another. "I'm gonna need something stronger" I motioned to my cup and he nodded. "Anyway that douche bag ex of mine threatened to hurt Luke if I saw him. He said he doesnt want me seeing him anymore and if I do bad things are gonna happen" I shook my head and he handed me my cup.

"And then Brandon was trying to ask me what was wrong and he kept pushing me and pushing me. I got so angry and I snapped" I slammed my glass down. "Carful. Who's Brandon?" He asked. "Hes my gay best friend from my home town. Hes leaving tomorrow and I'm here" I put my head in my hands.

I tipped my head back and finished my drink and pushed it over to him. "Have you been talking to Tyler? Or are you gonna tell Lucas any of this." He asked and slid the glass over to me. "Luke, and no I'm not gonna tell him. He worries so much and he told me he loved me when Tyler first threatened him then I was a little buzzed the other night and I told him I loved him back" I sighed and took a drink.

"Shit kid. You should tell him" he nodded and I rubbed my eyes. "He obviously loves you and you love him or else you wouldnt have said that. Sounds like he really cares for you" he added as I finished my drink. "Slow down" he scolded and grabbed my glass. "I know your keeping the good shit for your self, shut up" I laughed and he smiled.

"But if I tell him what if he leaves me. I dont think I can have another break up. The first one almost killed me and hes still in my life. I tried not to fall for him but. . " "ssshhh." He handed me the glass and I held my head.

"Dan I dont know what I would do with out you. I feel like you're my only friend sometimes." I smiled and he shook his head. "No. You have so many people who love you. You just like me because I give you booze" he pointed at me and I shrugged. "Your not wrong" I laughed and finished my drink.

"Shots?" I asked and he pulled out two glasses. "Take a shot answer a question" he told me and I nodded. He poured one and I swallowed it and felt the burning liquid go down slow. "Why are you so scared to loose Luke?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "I dont know. It's nice to have someone" I shrugged and he poured me another one.

"What did Tyler do to you that was so bad?" He asked and I did another shot. I glanced up at him and ran my finger around the rim of the glass. "He abused me. Emotionally and physically." I shook my head and he poured me another one.

"Your turn" I pushed it to him and he squinted at me. He did the shot and I thought about my question. "Why are you so nice to me?" I asked and he shrugged. "I dont know. First night you came in here you were bloody and bruised and crying. I listened, and thought you weren't an asshole" he poured me a shot and I drowned it while he was talking.

"How did you get out of your relationship with Tyler?" He asked and took a shot. "My friends found out he hit me, well they never liked him and when they found out what he had done they went over to his house and set him straight" I shrugged. "Did they kill him??" He asked shocked and I put a finger to my lips.

"My turn and no they didnt kill him. Stupid. Why dont you tell me about your problems? I come in here with all my shit and you listen. God your a better listener than my father, and hes fucking dead" I raised an eye brow. "I've got almost no problems to talk about" he shrugged and poured another.

I picked it up and tilted my head back. I slammed the glass on the table and looked at him. "Your friends? The ones you live with took care of Tyler. Then how did you meet Luke with out them noticing?" He asked. "The movie theater. He was working at the counter and I went to get more popcorn and he wrote his number on the thingy and so I texted him and we hung out and then started dating." I told him. "Then how did Tyler text you? Did you not block him?" He asked.

"I did. He keeps using different numbers. Fucking christ" I held my head and hicuped. "And now Tyler has threatened to hurt Luke if you see him. What about you?" He asked and I shrugged. "Not sure. But I have almost no doubt he'll hurt or kill Luke" I closed my eyes and pushed the glass toward him.

He filled it back up and I was really starting to feel it. We talked a bit more and we did a few more shots, me more than him but I couldnt tell the difference. "You want me to call you a cab?" He asked me and I nodded. "God I'm such a light weight" i giggled and he came and helped me up and out the door. He called me a cab and I told him I would get my car tomorrow.

"Thanks" I looked up at him and he nodded. "I can drive your car home if you want and I nodded. "Then we dont need the cab. Shit" I said and walked over to my car. He got in the driver side and I got in the passenger side. "Hold on I need to cancel the cab. Give me a sec" he tapped on his phone and I sat there curled up in my chair.

"Wait how are you gonna get back?" I asked as we started to drive. "My buddy is taking over and my house is right around the corner from yours" he smiled and I nodded a bit unsure. "Wait! How do you know where I live?" I asked shocked and he laughed. "This isnt the first time weve had to do this Rose. The first time took us 3 hours to make it to your house" we both laughed.

We pulled up in my drive way and I started crying. "Oh my God I'm a horrible friend" I shook my head. "No you're not. Your great." He got out of the car and came around to my side. He helped me out and to the door.

"God your so drunk" he laughed and basically carried me to the door. He rang the door bell and Cameron stood there.