Chapter 158

Chapter 158

Louis's POV

A loud crash sounds from Riley's bedroom and I flinch. I fucked up, bad. I can't believe I forgot to pick her up. I even called Adrian and asked if she was home yet, because I wanted to surprise her when she came home. I talked with Adrian for at least an hour and a half before I heard the front door slam. Adrian greeted Riley, and I turned around to see my shining girlfriend. Instead I saw a girl with her eyebrows drawn in and her jaw clenched with her wet hair clinging to her face. You could almost see through her tight skinny jeans due to some of the white fabric being wet, and I almost called her out on it but decided against it. It was then that I realized what a fuck up I am.

I hear shower water sound form her bathroom and I get up off the couch to go apologize but Adrian pulls me back down to the couch, shaking his head.

"It's best to leave her alone when she's mad like this. The last time I tried to talk to her when she was this mad I got my bedroom door broken in half" Adrian says. "And she wasn't even as mad as she is right now"

I fall back in to the couch and close my eyes. I've made a lot of mistakes during my time with Riley, but making her walk home alone in the rain is... I can't even think of the words to describe how horrible I feel. However, I am not going to be further than ten feet away from Riley until she accepts my apologies. I pinch the bridge of my nose and try to stand up again but Adrian grabs my wrist but I wrench it out of his grip and walk down the hallway to Riley's room and try to open the door, but the handle doesn't move. I hear the shower water shut off and her shower door open and close.

"Riley open the door!" I say through the wood.

Riley doesn't answer, so I pound my fist against the door.

"I will break the door down!" I warn.

"You'll have to pay for it!" Riley finally answers.

"You think that's a problem for me?" I laugh. "I'm going to break it down!"

"Go for it!" Riley yells.

I back away from the door in to the wall across the hall, and rub my hands together. I charge at the door and kick it open, knocking it off its hinges and sending it to the floor with a loud bang.

"Louis!" Riley squeals, looking down at the broken door.

"I told you I would" I grin.

Riley rolls her eyes and bends down to the carpet with a plastic bag in her hands. Her wet hair falls over her shoulders, and her plaid pajama shorts hand loosely off her hips, whereas her tight white t-shirt clings to her wet torso. She picks at a shard of glass, and drops it quickly in to the plastic bag, then moves in for another piece. I'm assuming this is the thing that she smashed. I walk over to her, and bend down next to her. Riley tries to swat me off but I ignore her and pick up some shards of broken glass.

"I can do it" I say.

"No" Riley objects and continues to pick up the glass.

"You're going to hurt yourself" I object.

Riley ignores me and goes for the biggest piece of glass in front of us, and pricks her finger while trying to put it in the bag. A small amount of blood runs down her index finger, and I sigh and stand up off the floor.

Riley stands up next to me and walks back in to the bathroom. I try to follow her, but she slams the door in my face. I roll my eyes and bend back down to continue picking up shards of glass. I fished cleaning them all up by the time Riley exits the bathroom with a One Direction Band-Aid wrapped around her finer.