Chapter 138

Chapter 138

Riley's POV

As I try to go back to sleep, all of today's events play back in my head.

My father's funeral, meeting Louis's mum and sisters, going for ice cream with Adrian and Louis, Louis bringing me the flower that now rests on my bureau, kissing Louis, The story on us on E! News. So much is happening in my life and I can barely keep up. I honestly don't know what I feel right now. It feels like my life is going 100 mph and I'm being dragged along without processing what's happening. Strangely, I don't mind it.

I try to clear my mind of everything as I close my eyes and luckily I eventually fall asleep.

-

I wake up at three in the morning from a nightmare. Every time I try and go back to sleep it keeps coming back. It's just me being chased underground by a mystery man with bad intentions. Every time I go back to sleep it resumes right where it left off.

I eventually get out of bed and walk to Adrian's room where Louis is sleeping. I take a deep breath and knock on the door. This is a bad idea. I just want a distraction from my nightmare. It keeps playing back in my head even when I'm fully awake.

"Come in" I hear Louis's sleepy voice on inside the room.

I should turn back. I should say never mind and go back to my bedroom.

Something makes my hand take the doorknob in my hand and turn it. I walk in to the room and see Louis move to the lamp beside him and turn it on. His mouth drops open when he sees me. Did he expect Adrian?

"Can I sleep with you?" I ask.

Louis nods. "Yeah, yeah sure" He says.

His voice is so sexy when he's just woken up.

No Riley, stop.

I walk over to the bed and climb under the covers with Louis. He still smells like sunshine dust.

"What brings you here?" He asks and turns off the lamp.

"I had a bad dream" I say.

"Oh, and you came to me why?" He asks.

"Do you want me to go sleep with Adrian?" I start to get out of bed but Louis stops by grabbing my hips and bringing me back down to the mattress

"Did I say that?" Louis whispers in to my ear, making me shiver.

I clear my throat. "No, no you didn't" I say.

"Do you want to talk about the dream?" Louis asks, totally changing the subject.

"No" I say.

I scoot closer to Louis and rest my head on his torso. He wraps his arms around me and I close my eyes and steady my breathing. I hear his heart beating fast and wonder what he's thinking about. I can tell by his actions that he doesn't want to push his luck with me so I can go as far as I want and he won't get upset.

I close my eyes as his heartbeat slows down and start to drift off to sleep.

"I love you, Riley" He whispers just before I fall asleep.