Chapter 68

Chapter 68

Louis and I kept staring at each other until his phone rang.

"Hello" Louis answered. "Okay cool. Bye"

"That was short." I sat up on the couch.

"Yeah, it was Liam telling me the interview was cancelled for an unknown reason" Louis replied.

"Oh"

"Yeah. So we have the rest of the day together. What time do your parents get home?"

"Not until late tonight, they are going to a wedding to take pictures."

Louis looked at the clock on the wall.

"It's almost one. Want to go get lunch?"

"Sure"

"You decide; you know all the good places. I'm going to go get dressed" Louis stood and I did the same.

"I'm coming" I followed him out of the living room and in to my bedroom.

I picked out a pair of denim skinny jeans and a white Forever 21 top. I wore black Vans, and left my hair down, but not before pinning back my bands and brushing through it once. I didn't see Louis change; I was getting ready in the bathroom so I could change my clothes and do my hair without walking too much. When I walked back in to my bedroom Louis was wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt, with a light-washed denim jacket.

"Ready?" we questioned.

I nodded and followed him out my bedroom door.

Louis grabbed his keys from the entry table, and we walked out of my parent's house. We rented a black convertible for the time that we are here.

I gave Louis directions to the restaurant we were going to. It wasn't very fancy, just a quick place to eat, however that didn't stop it from being packed.

Louis and I waited for about ten minutes before final being seated at a table.

"What can I get for you?" The waitress asked.

"I'll have water" I said.

"I'll have tea" Louis added.

"When do you not drink tea" I laughed. Louis shrugged.

I played with the table napkin, dumping out the fork and spoon it contained. I began folding the cloth mindlessly, just folding random corners in. I stuck my tongue out of the corner of my mouth in concentration, and I could feel Louis' eyes on me. I rolled up the cloth and set it up on the table, then sat back to admire my work.

"It's a candle" I looked up and Louis, who was staring at my creation.

"It looks like a twig" Louis bit on his lip to keep from laughing.

I rolled my eyes and pulled apart me 'candle' just in time for the waitress to come.

"Can I get you guys some food?" she asked. Her nametag read 'Lily'. She was obviously new, she looked nervous.

"I'll have a cheeseburger with cheese" I said. "And chips"

"I'll have what she's having" Louis answered when the waitress looked at him. The waitress nodded and scurried back to the kitchen.

"Cheeseburger with cheese" Louis burst in to laughter.

I began to laugh with him.

"I didn't mean to" I bit on my lip to keep from laughing more.

"When you order a cheeseburger the cheese is ALREADY on the burger, you know" Louis laughed harder.

"Louis people are staring" I giggled.

Louis began rocking back and forth in his chair, and biting the inside of his cheek, trying to contain his laughs.

Louis eventually stopped laughing to wipe the tears from his eyes.

"Phew" He let out one last laugh and took a deep breath.

The waitress came back shortly after that with our food.

"Here are you cheeseburgers... with cheese" She put the plates on the table and walked away.

Louis began laughing again, and I just rolled my eyes and took a bite of my cheeseburger.