Chapter 131

Chapter 131

As I pushed my office door open with my back, dragging an extra two leather chairs in to the area I began to feel more and more excited. Not because Louis was coming, but because I could show Louis that I was doing fine without him. I contemplated vacuuming the floor a little so Louis didn't have kneel on grime and dust when he was on his knees begging me for forgiveness.

I quickly angled the chairs toward my desk and spread out some papers to look like I'm busy. I pulled up different Wikipedia pages on my computer and scrolled down so it was only showing paragraph after paragraph of words, and when all that was done, I ran to the staff room to get a cup of coffee. I don't like coffee, but it might make me look more professional. When all that was finished, I logged in to Club Penguin to pass the time.

I was almost passed my record in mine cart surfing when I heard someone clear their throat from the doorway. I pushed away from the computer and crossed my hands on my desk.

"Have a seat" I motioned towards the two empty chairs in front of me.

I didn't even have to look up at Louis to know it was him. I could identify his walking pattern from a mine away. I took a sip of my coffee and almost spit it back in to the cup, but forced the hot liquid down my throat.

"Excuse me" I say, taking the coffee off my desk and dumping it in to the trash can next to me. "How can I help you?"

"Is that Club Penguin?" Louis asks. That was not the first thing I expected him to say to me.

"What? No it's business work" I said, exiting out of Club Penguin and on to the Wikipedia pages.

"And that's Wikipedia on the art of quilts" Louis grins.

No, I don't want him grinning. I want him crying.

"Yes, we're having Taylor Lautner for a naked quilt photo shoot later this week" I say. It actually is the truth, but he won't be wrapped in quilts, he'll be wrapped in sheer blankets.

I can read the jealousy clearly in Louis' eyes, and it's feeding the angry longing for a negative reaction from him that I've had for at least a day.

"Anyway," Louis tries to hide his emotions. "We need to talk"

"You have ten minutes" I slide my chair back and put my feet on my desk.

"I was stupid" Louis sighs.

"Ah but you used that in past tense, the correct wording for that sentence is 'I am stupid'" I almost snort. Louis narrows his eyes.

"I am stupid. However the reason I stuck with you even after I got the picture was because even though through the first half of our time together I was trying to get the picture, along that time I could feel myself falling in love with you. I still fall in love with you over again every time I see you. Every time I hear you talk, and every time someone mentions you. The only people who knew about the picture were the boys and our management. I don't know how my bitch of an ex-girlfriend found out. Riley, I love you and I mean it"

Louis' words cause me to take my feet off the desk and sit forward. I want to forgive him, I want to put all this behind me, but if I did, I'd be an idiot.

"How do I know you're not lying?" I ask and raise an eyebrow. I am silently applauding myself for not giving in and keeping my too-good-for-you attitude.

"Pull up a lie detector" Louis pushes. He leans back in his chair and raises an eyebrow, mirroring me.

I push my chair back over to the computer and search 'lie detector' on Google. I click on the first result.

"First we need to make sure it's not a hoax" I say.

Louis nods.

"I have purple hair" I say and a red light flashes on the screen.

"I have golden feet" Louis says. If it weren't for the fact that I've seen Louis' feet and can indeed say that they're not gold, I would have believed him.

Another red light flashes. The lie detector is less gullible than me.

"I used to have my bellybutton pierced" I say.

"No way" Louis gasps.
I turn towards the screen and a green light flashes.

"Way" I smile.

No, I am not supposed to be smiling with Louis. I'm supposed to be giving him box after box of tissues. I'm supposed to be denying his pleads for forgiveness then getting on with my life.

Who am I kidding; I'll never get on with my life.

"I love Riley Greene" Louis says.

I hold in a gasp and my heart starts beating faster. It seems like this statement out of all is taking to most time for the detector to decide its fate. I steal a glance sideways at Louis. His eyes are already on me. A ding sounds from the computer, and the light from the screen illuminates his face, turning it green.