Chapter 132

Chapter 132

"Do you believe me now" Louis asks. My eyes are still on him.

"Yes" I sigh. I don't want to believe Louis, but I do.

"What now?" He asks.

"I think we need to give it some time. Maybe three days or so" I say. As much as I want to get back with Louis as soon as possible I think it would be stupid of me just to jump right back in to this.

"We can meet up at the funeral, and then take it from there?" Louis suggests.

How does he know about the funeral? I know that I talked about it with my mom when he was around but I thought after this charade he would assume he's uninvited. I never even formally invited him in the first place.

"Your mom called me and invited me" Louis answers the questions swarming my mind.

"Oh" I gather up the papers on my desk, trying to busy myself.

"I'm sorry Riley. For all of this. I fucked up" Louis sits forward.

"I know" I don't want to talk about it anymore.

"Will you forgive me?" He asks.

"I thought we already discussed this" I thin my lips in to a line.

Louis sits back in his chair again but doesn't speak. I think he wants to hear the words come out of my mouth again.

"Yes Louis, I forgive you"

"I love you" Louis says.

"I love you" I say. This is not where I thought I would be today.

"You do?"

"Louis, when you tell someone you love them you can't take it back, even if they fuck up. You never stop loving someone. You stop liking someone, sure, but loving is a totally different concept" I share my beliefs.

"That's brilliant" Louis says and stands up. A part of me doesn't want him to leave.

I stand up along with Louis and walk around to the other side of the desk. Louis comes closer to be and I think about stepping back, but I stand my ground. Louis wraps him arms around me and kisses the top of my head. This is not how I planned my day, but somehow I don't want it to go differently.

"Bye Riley" Louis releases me.

"Bye Louis"

Louis steps out my office door.

-

When I return home from work I have a massive headache. Throughout the day I kept getting more and more sheets of tasks, and I stayed an hour after I was supposed to so I could finish them all. I drop my purse on the ground and walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Before I can add water to my glass I put it back in the cabinet and pull out two wine glasses for Adrian and I. Instead of wine in the glass, I pour vodka and kick off my shoes.

I walk back to the living room and put both the glasses on the table. Adrian sets his laptop to the side and takes his glass. I sit back on the couch and bring the glass to my lips. It's been awhile since I've had alcohol and the ease it brings to my mind tells me I should treat myself to a glass more often.

"Rough day at work?" Adrian asks and I nod.

"Louis and I made up" I say.

Adrian spits out his vodka all over the floor.

"Adrian!" I squeal and run to the kitchen to get paper towels.

"How did you make up?" He asks.

"You should have heard the stuff he was saying" I scrub the hard wood floor, trying to soak up the drink. "He talked for at least two minutes about how sorry he was. Then we took a lie detector test"

"What the fuck" Adrian puts his empty glass on the table and I go to the kitchen with the paper towels to get the bottle of vodka.

We don't have a lot of alcohol in our house but we do keep a small stash for times like these.

I pad back to the living room and pour Adrian another glass, and fill my halfway empty glass to the rim.

"I know but we are going to take our time getting back in to the relationship, I'm not jumping right back in to it." I drown the glass in seconds and my headache begins to go away.

"That's good I guess" Adrian says and pours himself another glass.

The vodka really begins to kick in on my fifth glass. I find myself jumping on the couch; laughing so hard tears begin to occupy my eyes. When I get off the couch I try to walk to the kitchen to get a cucumber but I fall on the hardwood floor halfway there. Instead of cursing because of the fall, I laugh more.

Adrian falls on the floor as soon as he gets up and drags himself over to me. The next morning is going to be hell.

A/N Merry belated Christmas!! I hope

you all had a good one, and if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you had a good holiday. Do you think I made Riley and Louis make up too fast? Please leave feedback, I miss reading your comments.