Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Riley's POV

I don't remember falling asleep, but I woke up in Louis' arms. I wish I would have told my dad I loved him more; now I'll never get to say it again.

I realized that I needed to stop crying over this; my dad would have wanted me to be successful and happy, and not want me to cry over him. Instead, I needed to celebrate his memory and move on. Of course I will never, ever forget him, and I will think about him each day, but I will not mope around; he wouldn't have wanted that.

I stirred in Louis' arms, trying to break free from his grip, but he held on tighter.

"Louis" I mumbled in to his chest.

"No" Louis said, holding on tighter.

"Let me go"

"No"

I tried to break free of Louis' arms again, but he wouldn't have it.

"Louis I have to go to the bathroom" I said again.

Louis stood up and began walking towards the bathroom.

"No Louis you may to come with me to pee" I laughed quietly.

"Are you feeling better?" Louis asked.

"Yes, but I don't want to talk about it" Tears threatened to overcome my eyes again.

Louis set me down in front of the bathroom door and scurried in like a child.

I quickly used the toilet and washed my hands, and came out of the room to find Louis waiting for me.

"You look pretty" He said randomly.

I turned around to look in the bathroom mirror. My shirt was wrinkled and my pants were too big, my eyes were red and puffy, and my nose was like a cherry. My hair was sticking up in all different directions.

"What are you talking about" I turned back to Louis.

"Your phone is ringing again" Louis said quietly.

I sighed and walked back in to the kitchen. I picked my phone up off the floor; luckily it wasn't cracked.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Riley, I'm planning the funeral" My mum said. Her voice sounded like she had a cold, but of course this was much worse than a cold.

"Already?"

"You know how he always liked to do stuff as soon as possible" Mum chuckled lightly. I could tell she had just finished crying.

"I know" I sighed.

"I'm going to plan it myself"

"What?"

"I don't want any help" Mum said.

I heard a door open in the background.

"I have to go, goodbye, Riley. I love you"

"Love you" I said.

I hung up the phone, confused. Who came in the background? Why was my mum being so... independent? Maybe it was her way of coping.

I took a deep breath and set my phone on the counter.

"She's planning the funeral herself" I told Louis, who had suddenly appeared beside me.

"Oh" He said.

I was about to walk away from the kitchen when my phone rang, again. I sighed and grabbed it off the counter.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Riley? It's Harry. Do you know where Louis is? I haven't seen or talked to him since he stormed out of the strip- bar last night" Harry quickly finished his sentence.

"Strip? As in strip club?" My heart pounded. When I turned to look at Louis the look in his eyes confirmed my thoughts.