Chapter 72

Chapter 72

I woke up the next morning and turned over expecting to see Louis curled up beside me, and my heart sunk a little when I didn't see him, but then I remembered he was at the hotel and mentally slapped myself.

I got up out of my bed and pulled the duvet up, then walked out of the room and in to the living room. My mum was sat watching the telly.

"Mum I thought you had work?" I questioned, sitting down next to her on the couch.

"I thought it was silly of me to have you come all the way up here just to have your father and I work all day, so I took the day off. I thought we could just hang around town today" Mum replied, flipping channels.

"That would be really nice, when will we go?"

"We could go as soon as we get ready if you'd like" Mum said.

I nodded and stood from the couch, walking back in to my bedroom. I grabbed a pair of jean shorts and a white v-neck from my bureau and walked across the hall to the bathroom to get changed.

Once I was out of my pajamas and in to my clothes, I brushed through my hair and pinned back my bangs.

I was pretty excited to just be alone with my mum, walking around town like we used to. I hoped we would go to the old antique shop. I wondered why both my parents were working so hard, they never used to. Maybe it's so they could pay for retirement.

I decided not to wear any makeup, but put a hair band around my wrist just in case I wanted to put my hair up.

I walked back in to the living room and my mum was cleaning the coffee table. She looked up and stood straight.

"Ready to go?" she asked.

I nodded.

My mum walked over to the bin and disposed of the dirty paper towel, then walked over to the counter and grabbed her purse.

I pulled my phone out from my pocket and texted Louis to tell him I was going to go to the town with my mum, so if he came back to the house I wouldn't be there.

I slipped my phone back in to my pocket and followed my mum out the door.